Project Cars 2 'announcement trailer' confirms 2017 release, supports 12k resolution

wow. another one to watch for.

1 Like

Polekatt Yea, some neat games coming out this year.

Supports 12k resolution. And I’m here struggling to run the games on 1080p. Ayyy future!

1 Like

Katsuo Mine runs it fine with the 290x and the 6 core Intel chip. Right now I have my friends 8 core in my PC but he will be getting that back this weekend. and I will be getting my 6 core back.

1 Like

Sir_diealot 290x is still a beast. My R7 370 GPU is okay but it’s definitely struggling to run new games on medium settings. Which is why I’m thinking about upgrade but then again…why would I do that if the whole PC works and if everything can be run with at least 30 fps haha
But the 3x4k resolution sounds really scary. I wonder what kind of PC you need to have to run the thing at a decent framerate haha

1 Like

Yet Dirt Rally had the better driving Physics and well it wasn´t ugly either. But the biggest concern in Project Cars was, that it was too long a buggy mess.
Also 12k resolution isn´t something the big mass of players will use in the next 10 years. So that solves a problem, nobody at the moment actually has. Because there only a few 8k screens available today. I have not seen a single 12k screen yet.
And no 3x4k Monitors do not count as 12k support for me :wink:

1 Like

Katsuo said in Project Cars 2 'announcement trailer' confirms 2017 release, supports 12k resolution:

Sir_diealot 290x is still a beast. My R7 370 GPU is okay but it’s definitely struggling to run new games on medium settings. Which is why I’m thinking about upgrade but then again…why would I do that if the whole PC works and if everything can be run with at least 30 fps haha
But the 3x4k resolution sounds really scary. I wonder what kind of PC you need to have to run the thing at a decent framerate haha

I have to upgrade the card soon, this one has been bought and paid for but the guy has been real cool about it. I am after either a 1080ti or a Titan which will be my first Nvidia product ever. I know I bash them but have to try them just once so I can really hate them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

MeFFFlenn said in Project Cars 2 'announcement trailer' confirms 2017 release, supports 12k resolution:

Yet Dirt Rally had the better driving Physics and well it wasn´t ugly either. But the biggest concern in Project Cars was, that it was too long a buggy mess.
Also 12k resolution isn´t something the big mass of players will use in the next 10 years. So that solves a problem, nobody at the moment actually has. Because there only a few 8k screens available today. I have not seen a single 12k screen yet.
And no 3x4k Monitors do not count as 12k support for me :wink:

How about 6 2k’s?

Sir_diealot That’s some expensive hate you got there haha

1 Like

Katsuo said in Project Cars 2 'announcement trailer' confirms 2017 release, supports 12k resolution:

Sir_diealot That’s some expensive hate you got there haha

Typical me.

Sir_diealot 1 Monitor with that resolution :wink:

MeFFFlenn said in Project Cars 2 'announcement trailer' confirms 2017 release, supports 12k resolution:

Sir_diealot 1 Monitor with that resolution :wink:

Always have to be difficult. I was thinking of going 4K but due to eye problems decided against it, after the GPU the only other thing I want is a 34" monitor in 165hz. which means the Asus

Rescale is why absurd resolutions are a perfectly useful thing! And I’m actually surprised more games don’t have em. 12k rescaled on 1080? No need for AA at all at that point.

Never played Project CARS though. I migrated to full blown sims like rFactor 2 and Automobilista for my vroom vroom needs. But I do sometimes miss some actual career and game structure that stuff like Codemasters or Project Cars provide.

1 Like

schlitty I have never played rFactor 2 or Automobilista, but I believe I have both on my wish list.

1 Like

Sir_diealot Sims are a lot of ‘work’ to get the fun out of em. I really don’t take advantage of the sims like I should since I don’t play multiplayer. I just drive in circles against dumb AI or myself. But once you feel properly set up forcefeedback on a wheel when playing a sim its hard to go back. I mean I still love F1 2013, its the game that made me buy a wheel. And I found some good custom forcefeedback and cockpit camera mods/settings that made DiRT Rally feel great too. And I had loads and loads of fun with that. Sims really are missing the structure, goals, or career that regular racing games provide. They’re just sandboxes. But nothing beats the feeling of pushing a simulated car to its limits and getting all the feedback from your wheel and the sounds of a car full of simulated parts all working as close as possible to their real life counterparts. Even with how bad of a driver I am! But then again, as I said, it is also a ton more work getting everything set up and working right… So I dunno! I just know I’m in too deep to get out now haha.

2 Likes

schlitty said in Project Cars 2 'announcement trailer' confirms 2017 release, supports 12k resolution:

Sir_diealot Sims are a lot of ‘work’ to get the fun out of em. I really don’t take advantage of the sims like I should since I don’t play multiplayer. I just drive in circles against dumb AI or myself. But once you feel properly set up forcefeedback on a wheel when playing a sim its hard to go back. I mean I still love F1 2013, its the game that made me buy a wheel. And I found some good custom forcefeedback and cockpit camera mods/settings that made DiRT Rally feel great too. And I had loads and loads of fun with that. Sims really are missing the structure, goals, or career that regular racing games provide. They’re just sandboxes. But nothing beats the feeling of pushing a simulated car to its limits and getting all the feedback from your wheel and the sounds of a car full of simulated parts all working as close as possible to their real life counterparts. Even with how bad of a driver I am! But then again, as I said, it is also a ton more work getting everything set up and working right… So I dunno! I just know I’m in too deep to get out now haha.

Yea I really have to get my rig finished so I can play it right, why are all my hobbies more than I can afford?

schlitty That is where the hope comes for Dirt 4 wich seems to have both, the sandbox and the careermode in one package with the usual Dirt 2/3 style Career + Trackeditor + Sim or Casual playmodes.
And that is my main critique point so far on Project Cars or the 2nd one so far. Other then Graphics there are not alot features, that really stand out so far.