Quantum Break launches on Steam next month

PeaceLeon Yeah just like when we used to play Portal 2 together. Oh wait…

Katsuo Maybe this Sunday … I think I should have some time between 18:00 - 23:00 :wink:

1 Like

PeaceLeon I hope I’ll be home by then. My ex has a birthday on Sunday and I was ordered to go to the birthday. My life as a slave ain’t fun at all.

1 Like

I thought that the prime marketing was that this was the flagship DX12 launch game… and all it managed to do is show up DX12’s initial deficiencies, i.e. locked frame rates & no multi GPU support (was max resolution one as well?).

That said everything about the game being a “flagship” screams don’t bother playing at lower spec’d API’s. If you can’t get the graphical enhancements from DX12 don’t bother.

Also releasing it like this on Steam makes me wonder how much money MS & the dev have lost?

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie They probably lost way too much. Hell, MS is losing ever since they introduced GFWL. They are just making some dumb decisions. I hope they realize now that Gaben is a cool guy XD

1 Like

It’s easy to create an api wrapper to know which code to execute based on environment. If win10, use dx12. Else, use dx 11. That’s likely what they did during the time frame prior to the steam release.

I played it a few months back via the windows store. Didn’t have performance issues, but don’t remember if i was able to use crossfire or not.

The game itself is quite fun. Good story, good actors, controls are similar to the gta games…though I don’t recall doing any driving.