Retro Recommendations?

I’m in a retro gaming mood lately. As there are so many retro games I am sure I’ve never played, was hoping to get some recommendations on games here. What are some of the best retro games you’ve played? Let’s set the bar at N64 and back

syncrosis said in /404:

I’m in a retro gaming mood lately. As there are so many retro games I am sure I’ve never played, was hoping to get some recommendations on games here. What are some of the best retro games you’ve played? Let’s set the bar at N64 and back

Turok games. They’re in my recent memory because I recently played through the Turok 1 and 2 remasters on Steam. I’ll be playing the 3rd on n64 in the near future.

2 Likes
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island. I think I played this game at least 400 times by now.
  • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition. I love this game haha
  • Super Mario Kart obviously
  • Chrono Trigger is a must
  • Final Fantasy VI duuh
  • Secret of Mana. There is a remake coming but it doesn’t look good IMO. I’d go for the original any day.
  • Donkey Kong Country games maybe?
  • Illusion of Gaia was pretty good
  • Harvest Mooooooooooooooooon
  • Contra? All of them?
2 Likes

Also, Metroid? Those are Nintendo games, right?

1 Like

Mafia, Deus Ex, Beyond Good and Evil

buttstallion N64 and back, drunkie

2 Likes

shiftysatchmo Going to hide

2 Likes

Joust on the Atari 2600.

that far enough back? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

polekatt Go play outside, how retro is that? :smiley:

4 Likes

Punchout for nes. It’s playable drunk and sober. One of the few retro games I revisit a few times a year.

My brain isn’t working today so I’ll just second Katsuo on the Donkey Kong Country trilogy on SNES, that’s three solid games and all worth going for the 100+ %(yup, plus) completion.

Random one that just popped up; Blaster Master (NES) - One of the best soundtracks ever. “Metroidvania” IN A TANK. I never played it as a kid but one of the better NES games I enjoyed as an adult.

1 Like

schlitty said in Retro Recommendations?:

My brain isn’t working today so I’ll just second Katsuo on the Donkey Kong Country trilogy on SNES, that’s three solid games and all worth going for the 100+ %(yup, plus) completion.

Random one that just popped up; Blaster Master (NES) - One of the best soundtracks ever. “Metroidvania” IN A TANK. I never played it as a kid but one of the better NES games I enjoyed as an adult.

There’s a good blaster master remaster on switch : ]

1 Like

Zombies ate my Neighbors
Taz: Escape from Mars
Heart of Darkness on PS1 (out before N64)

Tried to think of some I liked that maybe you didn’t beat.

gord0 Have 1 on Steam, will beat, then love on Seeds of Evil (was one of my fav’s)

A lot of good recommendations I’ll have to checkout. Never played Yoshi’s Island and some others mentioned. Thanks chaps

4 Likes

syncrosis said in Retro Recommendations?:

A lot of good recommendations I’ll have to checkout. Never played Yoshi’s Island and some others mentioned. Thanks chaps

Get the rom hack that removes the crying sound of baby mario.

gord0 worse than the signature Banjo Kazooie / Yooka Laylee voices?

Also, crystal pepsi

1 Like

shiftysatchmo Love me a good Crystal Pepsi.

1 Like

Earthbound - SNES
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen - SNES
Super Metroid - SNES
TMNT - Turtles in Time - SNES
Battletoads & Double Dragon - The Ultimate Team - SNES/SEGA Mega Drive
Shining Force 1 and 2 - Sega Mega Drive

1 Like