Rocket League Tourny/League - official signup thread

Ok, I am going to give this a shot at organizing and running a Rocket League League/Tournament for us. Bear with me!!

Rules thread will be posted separately, when I get them refined, and when we have enough people interested.
I’m thinking of doing individual random teams, because with a few people, it would just be the same fixed teams playing over and over again.
I think we need 10-12 people committed to do an individual tournament, with everyone on random teams, or we need at least 18 people to do 6 fixed teams of three vs. three, to make it fun and viable.

If you are interested, please sign up in this thread, so we can gauge our initial interest level.

Here is all we need-
Name
What formats are you ok with playing? ex, 4x4, 3v3, 2v2 or 1v1, or anything.
What hours are you available/unavailable to play, and include your time zone.

It will be up to each team to schedule a time to meet up and play that week’s game, based on the hours each person has posted here.

Here is mine-

Polekatt
will play any format
Available to play most weeknights, from 8pm-12am except for Wednesday. Can be available Saturday from 3pm-12am. Not available to play Sundays at all. Time zone - USA - EST

Edited post to reflect changes due to an ongoing post, rather than a certain date to post by.

Participants
Confirmed
Me
ShiftySatchmo
schlitty
MyLifeForAiur
teh_g
demons6i6x
Zmajuga
sYnCroSis
BoilingBeanz
MeFFFlenn
Tsok
Jake! - David’s friend

Probables

MysticHydro
nanderman
Egin3rd
David’s friend #2

Polekatt I’d like to join, but my times are too hectic between work and toddler. Might I suggest using gmt +/- for times? Should make organizing between time zones easier

demons6i6x
Once we see how much actual interest we have, I was thinking of taking the times posted here, and making a master list people’s available times.

I was just going to convert it to the same thing, like GMT or something on that list. Was trying to take that burden off the individuals. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think Geran beat me to it on the pinning.

ShiftySatchmo
Anything but 1v1 and I only like OG rocket league.
Available to play most weeknights from 7-9pm
Time zone - USA - PST

I personally would prefer a fixed team because I like building teamwork and winning haha. I might be more competitive than most…

1 Like

Schlitty is in!

Any and all format work for me.

My PC is generally on 9AM EST to Midnight EST, 7 days a week. I more or less would be able to make nearly any time with enough of a heads up.

I’m highly competitive but also I’m very new and very average/bad at Rocket League. And expect the results of the tournament will mirror that. Fun will outweigh winning for me, but I will try my damnedest! Will gladly work with anybody good, bad, happy, or sad.

1 Like

Maybe a TRAINING League?! XD

1 Like

My Life For Aiur
Literally anything
8:30am-noon on weekdays. Any time Friday or Saturday. Not at all Sunday
Eastern standard time EST

schlitty said in Rocket League Tourny/League - official signup thread:

Schlitty is in!

Any and all format work for me.

My PC is generally on 9AM EST to Midnight EST, 7 days a week. I more or less would be able to make nearly any time with enough of a heads up.

I’m highly competitive but also I’m very new and very average/bad at Rocket League. And expect the results of the tournament will mirror that. Fun will outweigh winning for me, but I will try my damnedest! Will gladly work with anybody good, bad, happy, or sad.

1 Like

Well, July 6th is here, and as far as I can tell, we only have 4 people committed, with 2 more interested but are more like maybes.

I sort of expected this, which was why I didn’t put more effort into refining rules just yet.

I think if we do my idea of an individual tournament putting everyone on random teams, then we need at least 10-12 people committed.
To do fixed teams, we need at least 6 teams, and if you go 3 person teams, you need 18 people. if you go 2 person teams, you would still need at least 12 people.

If you don’t have this much people, then I think a tournament is just not viable or fun. With less than 10 people, then I think the better option for now is simply to keep it at a group night thing, and just set the teams to random.

So, I edited the top post to reflect that. ShiftySatchmo or teh_g I will let you guys make the decision as to whether or not to leave this pinned for anyone that may come later and see it. Either way is fine with me!

1 Like

Polekatt I know sYnCroSis and nanderman annnnd Egin3rd are interested.

1 Like

I will drop my name in!

2 Likes

I already said I’m down and I could ask two of my real life buddies and Jacob Bentancourt if they would be interested.

2 Likes

I’m in. Can play from 9PM until 1:30 AM CET

2 Likes

teh_g oh yeah and geran

1 Like

I am interested, but atm i have not much time/can´t really tell when and how. Sorry.

1 Like

I am obviously in

2 Likes

Polekatt Jake said of course he’s down. Jacob B. asked when so I said we are just gauging interest at the moment. also linked this thread to him.

Depending on times, sign me up :smiley: I will have to cut back the overwatch and start practicing though lol

1 Like

I would be glad to join! Just need a time and date. I can’t really give a set schedule as of right now due to a new job that I’ll be starting soon (don’t know exactly when), and I don’t know what days I’ll be available. But keep me as a possibility, I’d love to school you guys at some RL!

1 Like

BoilingBeanz sYnCroSis I have been hyping this rivalry for so long!! Man I can’t wait. I need to be playing or spectating when you guys play. Just give me a heads up because I’ll need diapers for when I shit myself in excitement.

3 Likes