Schlitty Completes Games in 2020

True enough

I do like the idea of having a central thread for “I beat this” that has the main post with links. It does help me remember that I occasionally finish games.

We can do best of both worlds too. I usually comment in threads about a game when they come up, but still post in the gamer challenge thread.

1 Like

Guess I’ll just ignore it then… When this thread dies down I’ll do just that.

Yeah, I never “participated” in any “challenges” here or at the other place. Just an echo chamber (and/or brick wall) of a thread to see what I actually beat that year. Which again, is never much to begin with or anything to get excited about anyway.

That thing is free on game pass I think. I may give it a try. It looks way too colorful for my taste though.

Also, keep writing what you completed. I discovered a lot of games because someone finished a game and has written something about it here.

2 Likes

Beat the short campaign of SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell. I suck at this sort of thing but all the time limits on the campaign levels were fair challenges that were doable. I had to do it in short spurts so I wouldn’t get too annoyed/frustrated but it was mostly a satisfying challenge. Had to play it on mute after awhile, music/sounds/quips get repetitive when it takes 50~ tries to beat a hard level. Tons of high level 1337 stuff in the game I won’t be touching. So no depth or replayability in it for me. Not the greatest thing ever but no complaints either. It does what it does well. Meh, shrug, etc.

3 Likes

Where do you find these games? What the hell…

1 Like

Too many Humble Bundles!

2 Likes

Hit the credits on Supraland last night. Tons more collectible stuff left that I’m leaning towards skipping. Really fun first-person puzzle game in the same vein of like a Portal or Talos Principle. Except it actually has a unique theme/setting instead of trying to borrow from all the rest. Got a solid 12hrs out of it with only feeling super dumb and stumped a few times. The progression arc with the new items you get and the types of puzzles that evolve from them keeps it interesting throughout. I think I cheated/broke a few of the puzzles along the way since it’s a somewhat open world and you can get inventive. It’s a lot more Talos than Portal in that regard. And the game never bugged out on me no matter the order or ways I was doing things, so that was good. There is some sloppier puzzles in the final third or so of the game which was kind of annoying. There was just stuff that was plain not intuitive. Or they got lazy. One example; there was one small small small part of a puzzle where there was suddenly an invisible wall out of nothing but laziness to force the puzzle to be done “right”. Would’ve taken 5mins max to rework it. Was just weird, because most of the puzzles are super tight and clearly play tested thoroughly. I dunno, maybe it was early access and only got the first parts actually play tested or something. I think it was a kickstarter? Either way, I liked it. Supposedly DLC and a sequel are on the horizon too.

Thumbs up!

4 Likes

Was digging through my ‘mountain of shame’ that is my Steam library and wanted something mindless. Found it in Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride. One of those ‘hidden objects’ games. I think you’re suppose to be a 50 something year old woman to really enjoy these. But whatever, I completed the main story for some reason. Never had tried one of these types of games before and can’t say I will again. Maybe on mobile while pooping it would have been better?

5 Likes

Pretty sure you have to play some gore hack n slash games where blood is everywhere, while you take a poop.

1 Like

I was visiting family this last week and dusted off the PSP. Beat Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters. Easily the most boring Ratchet & Clank game I’ve played. Since there is no right joystick on PSP you can’t look around. So they had to design around that to an extent. Basically more “flat” levels, or at least play areas. And they did alright… When they actually did that. But sadly half the game tries to get around it by being completely unchallenging mini-games and some of them are truly awful and clunky. I definitely had some fun, but not what I expect from the series. Ehhh out of 10.

3 Likes

Cheater alert! Steam just unveiled the truth today:

3 Likes

Automobilista 2 Beta :shushing_face:

1 Like

Suuuuureeee :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I didn’t beat it, but I played through most of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap. So it goes in the thread. Deal with it. It’s a remaster of a Master System game that stays true to the original gameplay. It just got too obtuse at the end and I had to consult a guide to figure out how to get to the end level (I missed a secret weapon that allows you in). Then when I got to the end boss I got pounded into oblivion. And according to guides, it sounds like I needed a bunch more secrets to make it doable by a mere mortal. I’m too old for that shit. 10yo me would’ve gladly wasted a month grinding the game and finding all the secrets. Heck, even 20yo me would’ve been okay with just following a guide to finish it off. But old ass me will do neither of those. Great art, great sound, true to the original source, but just getting to the end boss will be enough for me. Uninstalled. Maybe if I had played the original and had some nostalgia to push me over the edge. Either way, I can respect the remaster.

2 Likes

All the Alyx videos gameplay videos had me missing City 17. Replayed HL2 through for the first time in awhile. More or less bunny hopped past most things but as always I got nice and infuriated with the inept squad members getting in my way while I tried to kill Striders. But the OP gravity gun is always a fun way to end it. I’m still one of the weird breed that prefers the first game more. Just find it more fun. But man is that HL2 world/environment going to be amazing in VR. Still a classic out of 10.

Edit:

Not worth another post but I beat Episode One today. Man is that one short as heck. I did the “One Free Bullet” achievement where you only get to shoot a gun once and then have to just use crowbar, gravity gun, grenades, and rockets. Made it slightly interesting in a different way. Lots of hopping in circles waiting for Alyx to kill things for me.

Edit 2:

Another one. Sticky bomb Strider fight is still stupid.

2 Likes

Alright, this one gets its own post even though it tries to be part of the HL games. I beat Black Mesa. It assaulted my GPU for some reason and I had some crashes. Xen runs incredibly inconsistent as compared to the rest of the game. But It is fun. It just ended up two separate games: 1. Before Xen (HL1 in HL2 engine with little changes for the sake of there being changes) and 2. Xen (a completely new take and re-imagining that is an entirely different experience from the original). And neither of them feel like HL1 in their own ways. I dunno how to explain it. I guess I just wish they would’ve done something different like an Opposing Forces/Blue Shift approach. And just made it from the view of one of the other scientists that precede Freeman into Xen. Because it just is never going to replace HL1.

Still though; HL universe, fun shooty shooty, and she is a cutie to gaze upon. Average+ outta ten.

1 Like

Forgot about this thread. Probably skipped a game or two (or at least we’ll pretend I actually beat games regularly).

Beat Golf Peaks throughout the day. Simple casual puzzle game. Probably was originally a mobile game but it worked fine on PC with resolution options and all that. Simple style/art that looks good. Puzzles that pick up in difficultly and are all fair/logical. Took me 4ish hours to 100%. For some pocket change, I’m not going to complain. 7.289242340001 outta 10

3 Likes

Is it better than Red Dead Redemption 2?