Schlitty Completes Games in 2020

Slime Rancher - Thumbs Up.

SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell - Kinda thumbs up?

4 Likes

Can you make individual threads per game? (ressurecting those that exist)

First game of the year. Slime Rancher. I got the credits scroll so I guess I “finished”. I got this way back in Early Access and it was “cute” and fun but not a ton to do. Finally revisited it as a complete game and had plenty of fun. I’ve never played any farming or Harvest Moon style games but I imagine this falls somewhere around there. Resource management, explore, read some world building stuff. Yadda yadda. Was pretty impressed in how the game had evolved and expanded since I threw them money for a paid beta. There’s some end game and endless stuff I still might mess with since I’m addicted to the grind a tad. But I am also ready to move on. Only major knock I’d hold against it is that nothing seemed dangerous or daunting anymore. Back in Early Access it was actually a risk to leave the ranch (or maybe I just sucked) but in my playthrough I was literally never in danger once. :man_shrugging:

Either way, thumbs up.

Perhaps if I actually beat more than one game this year! Edit: Also for what it’s worth, I tend to play dumb shit nobody else in their right mind would. :upside_down_face:

I repeat my original sentiment. I thought we dismantled this gamer challenge crap a while back. Doesn’t make sense in a forum format. It was fine on gt because that was just a spew of a feed dribble. This is a forum. Yeah, I don’t give a shit slime rancher exists, but I probably give a shit about some of the other games you will play this year. If I ignore this thread, I miss out on that and you in turn create unnecessary threads that don’t play nice when people use the search functionality.

Digging even deeper, it’s not a challenge. Gamers gonna game. It’s not a forgone conclusion we’ll all beat games. Individual aspects of individual games may be challenges, but it’s silly to consider a gamer who beat a game an individual who did something so challenging it was worth cramming all their gameplay into one thread. They were gonna do it anyway.

I’d be cool with a thread per game.

1 Like

I do both. The gamer “challenge” thing to me is more just a way to look back and be like oh yeah I beat those games this year. Though I guess I could do that in Excel :laughing:

Sound like it would be a better year end recap with links to the game threads…I feel I’ve suggested this before. Blessed is the alcohol…

1 Like

In the end, we’re just a bunch of dicks dicking around on a forum about how we dick around with entertainment. Whatever works is fine with me.

I’d rather not ignore a thread that could be full of good info, good convo, etc.

True enough

I do like the idea of having a central thread for “I beat this” that has the main post with links. It does help me remember that I occasionally finish games.

We can do best of both worlds too. I usually comment in threads about a game when they come up, but still post in the gamer challenge thread.

1 Like

Guess I’ll just ignore it then… When this thread dies down I’ll do just that.

Yeah, I never “participated” in any “challenges” here or at the other place. Just an echo chamber (and/or brick wall) of a thread to see what I actually beat that year. Which again, is never much to begin with or anything to get excited about anyway.

That thing is free on game pass I think. I may give it a try. It looks way too colorful for my taste though.

Also, keep writing what you completed. I discovered a lot of games because someone finished a game and has written something about it here.

2 Likes

Beat the short campaign of SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell. I suck at this sort of thing but all the time limits on the campaign levels were fair challenges that were doable. I had to do it in short spurts so I wouldn’t get too annoyed/frustrated but it was mostly a satisfying challenge. Had to play it on mute after awhile, music/sounds/quips get repetitive when it takes 50~ tries to beat a hard level. Tons of high level 1337 stuff in the game I won’t be touching. So no depth or replayability in it for me. Not the greatest thing ever but no complaints either. It does what it does well. Meh, shrug, etc.

3 Likes

Where do you find these games? What the hell…

1 Like

Too many Humble Bundles!

2 Likes