Schlitty Completes Games in 2020

Slime Rancher - Thumbs up.

SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell - Kinda thumbs up?

Supraland - Thumbs up!

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride - Nah.

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - Ehh PSP, whaddya gonna do?

*Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s trap - Top quality remaster, so-so gameplay.

Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two - Classic/10, Bonus classic/10, Prettier but less fun classic/10

Black Mesa - Average in an above average universe.

Golf Peaks - Casual and challenging puzzles with a neat aesthetic.

klocki - Even I could do it! Puzzles.

SUPERHOT - It tricked me into thinking I was on a CRT monitor.

Team Sonic Racing - Gotta go fast, but your teammates won’t.

PUSH - P p p push it. Push it real good. (puzzles).

Up Left Out - Click click boom. Puzzle solved.

*didn’t actually beat :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Can you make individual threads per game? (ressurecting those that exist)

First game of the year. Slime Rancher. I got the credits scroll so I guess I “finished”. I got this way back in Early Access and it was “cute” and fun but not a ton to do. Finally revisited it as a complete game and had plenty of fun. I’ve never played any farming or Harvest Moon style games but I imagine this falls somewhere around there. Resource management, explore, read some world building stuff. Yadda yadda. Was pretty impressed in how the game had evolved and expanded since I threw them money for a paid beta. There’s some end game and endless stuff I still might mess with since I’m addicted to the grind a tad. But I am also ready to move on. Only major knock I’d hold against it is that nothing seemed dangerous or daunting anymore. Back in Early Access it was actually a risk to leave the ranch (or maybe I just sucked) but in my playthrough I was literally never in danger once. :man_shrugging:

Either way, thumbs up.

Perhaps if I actually beat more than one game this year! Edit: Also for what it’s worth, I tend to play dumb shit nobody else in their right mind would. :upside_down_face:

I repeat my original sentiment. I thought we dismantled this gamer challenge crap a while back. Doesn’t make sense in a forum format. It was fine on gt because that was just a spew of a feed dribble. This is a forum. Yeah, I don’t give a shit slime rancher exists, but I probably give a shit about some of the other games you will play this year. If I ignore this thread, I miss out on that and you in turn create unnecessary threads that don’t play nice when people use the search functionality.

Digging even deeper, it’s not a challenge. Gamers gonna game. It’s not a forgone conclusion we’ll all beat games. Individual aspects of individual games may be challenges, but it’s silly to consider a gamer who beat a game an individual who did something so challenging it was worth cramming all their gameplay into one thread. They were gonna do it anyway.

I’d be cool with a thread per game.

1 Like

I do both. The gamer “challenge” thing to me is more just a way to look back and be like oh yeah I beat those games this year. Though I guess I could do that in Excel :laughing:

Sound like it would be a better year end recap with links to the game threads…I feel I’ve suggested this before. Blessed is the alcohol…

1 Like

In the end, we’re just a bunch of dicks dicking around on a forum about how we dick around with entertainment. Whatever works is fine with me.

I’d rather not ignore a thread that could be full of good info, good convo, etc.

True enough

I do like the idea of having a central thread for “I beat this” that has the main post with links. It does help me remember that I occasionally finish games.

We can do best of both worlds too. I usually comment in threads about a game when they come up, but still post in the gamer challenge thread.

1 Like

Guess I’ll just ignore it then… When this thread dies down I’ll do just that.

Yeah, I never “participated” in any “challenges” here or at the other place. Just an echo chamber (and/or brick wall) of a thread to see what I actually beat that year. Which again, is never much to begin with or anything to get excited about anyway.

That thing is free on game pass I think. I may give it a try. It looks way too colorful for my taste though.

Also, keep writing what you completed. I discovered a lot of games because someone finished a game and has written something about it here.

2 Likes

Beat the short campaign of SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell. I suck at this sort of thing but all the time limits on the campaign levels were fair challenges that were doable. I had to do it in short spurts so I wouldn’t get too annoyed/frustrated but it was mostly a satisfying challenge. Had to play it on mute after awhile, music/sounds/quips get repetitive when it takes 50~ tries to beat a hard level. Tons of high level 1337 stuff in the game I won’t be touching. So no depth or replayability in it for me. Not the greatest thing ever but no complaints either. It does what it does well. Meh, shrug, etc.

3 Likes

Where do you find these games? What the hell…

1 Like

Too many Humble Bundles!

2 Likes

Hit the credits on Supraland last night. Tons more collectible stuff left that I’m leaning towards skipping. Really fun first-person puzzle game in the same vein of like a Portal or Talos Principle. Except it actually has a unique theme/setting instead of trying to borrow from all the rest. Got a solid 12hrs out of it with only feeling super dumb and stumped a few times. The progression arc with the new items you get and the types of puzzles that evolve from them keeps it interesting throughout. I think I cheated/broke a few of the puzzles along the way since it’s a somewhat open world and you can get inventive. It’s a lot more Talos than Portal in that regard. And the game never bugged out on me no matter the order or ways I was doing things, so that was good. There is some sloppier puzzles in the final third or so of the game which was kind of annoying. There was just stuff that was plain not intuitive. Or they got lazy. One example; there was one small small small part of a puzzle where there was suddenly an invisible wall out of nothing but laziness to force the puzzle to be done “right”. Would’ve taken 5mins max to rework it. Was just weird, because most of the puzzles are super tight and clearly play tested thoroughly. I dunno, maybe it was early access and only got the first parts actually play tested or something. I think it was a kickstarter? Either way, I liked it. Supposedly DLC and a sequel are on the horizon too.

Thumbs up!

4 Likes

Was digging through my ‘mountain of shame’ that is my Steam library and wanted something mindless. Found it in Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride. One of those ‘hidden objects’ games. I think you’re suppose to be a 50 something year old woman to really enjoy these. But whatever, I completed the main story for some reason. Never had tried one of these types of games before and can’t say I will again. Maybe on mobile while pooping it would have been better?

5 Likes