Schlitty Completes Games in 2020

Pretty sure you have to play some gore hack n slash games where blood is everywhere, while you take a poop.

1 Like

I was visiting family this last week and dusted off the PSP. Beat Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters. Easily the most boring Ratchet & Clank game I’ve played. Since there is no right joystick on PSP you can’t look around. So they had to design around that to an extent. Basically more “flat” levels, or at least play areas. And they did alright… When they actually did that. But sadly half the game tries to get around it by being completely unchallenging mini-games and some of them are truly awful and clunky. I definitely had some fun, but not what I expect from the series. Ehhh out of 10.

3 Likes

Cheater alert! Steam just unveiled the truth today:

3 Likes

Automobilista 2 Beta :shushing_face:

1 Like

Suuuuureeee :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I didn’t beat it, but I played through most of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap. So it goes in the thread. Deal with it. It’s a remaster of a Master System game that stays true to the original gameplay. It just got too obtuse at the end and I had to consult a guide to figure out how to get to the end level (I missed a secret weapon that allows you in). Then when I got to the end boss I got pounded into oblivion. And according to guides, it sounds like I needed a bunch more secrets to make it doable by a mere mortal. I’m too old for that shit. 10yo me would’ve gladly wasted a month grinding the game and finding all the secrets. Heck, even 20yo me would’ve been okay with just following a guide to finish it off. But old ass me will do neither of those. Great art, great sound, true to the original source, but just getting to the end boss will be enough for me. Uninstalled. Maybe if I had played the original and had some nostalgia to push me over the edge. Either way, I can respect the remaster.

2 Likes

All the Alyx videos gameplay videos had me missing City 17. Replayed HL2 through for the first time in awhile. More or less bunny hopped past most things but as always I got nice and infuriated with the inept squad members getting in my way while I tried to kill Striders. But the OP gravity gun is always a fun way to end it. I’m still one of the weird breed that prefers the first game more. Just find it more fun. But man is that HL2 world/environment going to be amazing in VR. Still a classic out of 10.

Edit:

Not worth another post but I beat Episode One today. Man is that one short as heck. I did the “One Free Bullet” achievement where you only get to shoot a gun once and then have to just use crowbar, gravity gun, grenades, and rockets. Made it slightly interesting in a different way. Lots of hopping in circles waiting for Alyx to kill things for me.

Edit 2:

Another one. Sticky bomb Strider fight is still stupid.

2 Likes

Alright, this one gets its own post even though it tries to be part of the HL games. I beat Black Mesa. It assaulted my GPU for some reason and I had some crashes. Xen runs incredibly inconsistent as compared to the rest of the game. But It is fun. It just ended up two separate games: 1. Before Xen (HL1 in HL2 engine with little changes for the sake of there being changes) and 2. Xen (a completely new take and re-imagining that is an entirely different experience from the original). And neither of them feel like HL1 in their own ways. I dunno how to explain it. I guess I just wish they would’ve done something different like an Opposing Forces/Blue Shift approach. And just made it from the view of one of the other scientists that precede Freeman into Xen. Because it just is never going to replace HL1.

Still though; HL universe, fun shooty shooty, and she is a cutie to gaze upon. Average+ outta ten.

1 Like

Forgot about this thread. Probably skipped a game or two (or at least we’ll pretend I actually beat games regularly).

Beat Golf Peaks throughout the day. Simple casual puzzle game. Probably was originally a mobile game but it worked fine on PC with resolution options and all that. Simple style/art that looks good. Puzzles that pick up in difficultly and are all fair/logical. Took me 4ish hours to 100%. For some pocket change, I’m not going to complain. 7.289242340001 outta 10

3 Likes

Is it better than Red Dead Redemption 2?

I wouldn’t know!

Is it better than the golf gameplay in GTA V?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know!

This one was even shorter. That or I’m getting smarter.

Took awhile for it to get hard actually, and then it never went over the top. Got an hour out of it. Made by the same dude who made Hook which was a simple puzzler I enjoyed a year or two ago. I bought his whole pack of 4 or 5 games on the sale. Always has a good aesthetic/theme/mood and they cost pennies.

I choo choo choose you out of 10.

2 Likes

SUPER
TEDIOUS
SUPER
TEDIOUS
SUPER
SHORT
SUPER
SHORT

But boy did it look rad and seem cool. Even though it wasn’t fun to play I still liked it. Which is saying something. What that is, I do not know. Recommended.

Bodacious aesthetic was more fun than the gameplay out of 10

2 Likes

You need this in VR, then talk to me. Makes you feel like a badarse

2 Likes

Keep in mind that you are not allowed to talk to Josh as long you don’t meet his requirements. But if you meet em, you gonna be a terrible ass.

3 Likes

What was tedious? The game was easy haha.

That’s why it was tedious. As long as you were patient it was easy. Which made it boring. But I wanted to see the next cool effect, meta thing, sorta story, whatever. So I didn’t want to be patient. Became tedious to be patient and just get to the cool stuff. If I wasn’t so old I think I’d rather have just watched a playthrough. Whatever though, was interesting enough to get through.

Re; sYnC, I do have the VR version, but VR is not a Summer time activity in this 100+ year old house of mine with my PC upstairs. I will talk to you in the Winter good sir.

You really just play it for the unique mechanics I suppose. I would have liked harder puzzles. It’s so short though who cares that it was easy I guess. Experience game or something

1 Like