1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Yes…

2 Likes

0_1467080483346_101.png

1 Like

Well now… that took a turn didn’t it?

1 Like

Polekatt said in **SPOILERS** GoT Finale Discussion:

I hear ya there. Not to get off topic, but I LOVE NFL football, and had Sunday Ticket until I could not afford it any more.

Only way I get to watch Game of Thrones is that my son has the cable network and lets me watch it.

Very nice of him. I used to be at a friends house every Sunday night at 1 in the morning to watch Highlander.

alt text

2 Likes

I’m a bit late to the party but I just saw the finale. What an episode. I totally forgive them for dragging on Arya’s storyline and messing up Dorne.
I knew Cersei was gonna try something but I thought she’d use Clegane+Lannister army to massacre the faith militant or something, didn’t expect that Allahu Akbar moment because I completely forgot about the wild fire xD Kinda feel sorry for Margaery, she knew how to play the game.
Impressed with the support Daenerys has…dothraki, the unsullied, second sons, the iron born, dragons, Dorne and Tyrells…and the best counsellors she could possibly have. Westeros is doomed. I wonder what happens with Euron Greyjoy now.
Lyana Mormont is badass. Arya is finally crossing the names off her checklist.
Baelish is gonna be troubleee
L+R=J :heart:

3 Likes

@DANTE LOL

1 Like

Awesome season finale, now let the wait game begins

3 Likes

picketech Last week we had Ramsay’s face on cans of dog food, and now this haha

1 Like

Dunja lol i didnt saw that one jajajaja but now im pretty sure to give my dogs food tho

Speaking about the perception that they messed up Dorne, which I’ve heard many people allude too, and stuff like Arya’s story taking so long, and possibly even Dany’s…

I just wonder how much of that has got to do with it being a TV show, based on a book.

Because, in the TV show, you have different pacing, than in a book. You have to go faster, and people tend to get bored easier I think, if you don’t do anything epic. In the book, there are things that have a totally different feel to them, because you realize more the length of time that is involved in all this. Dorne, is referred to much more frequently in the book I think, or you get the feel of it better. Arya, in the show, seems like it drags on and on and nothing really happening, but in the book you realize she is getting tons of experience and training in how to kill, which takes years, not overnight. In the show, you feel like things are happening fairly fast, and you expect it, because you want more, but it feels like something week to week, because its a tv show. But in the book, I think you realize more that the time scale is years, its much more epic feeling. A great example of this my be like Varys, leaving Mereen, showing up in Dorne, then seemingly teleporting back to Mereen to get on the ship to go back to Dorne. First I thought, why didn’t he just stay there, and wait on them. Then I realized, he probably wanted to go back and tell them for sure that it was ok to come over. But in the show, that seemed so quick, like it happened so fast he was teleporting. But in the book, you would realize that a lot more time would be passing during that.

I dunno, does that make sense to anyone else? LOL

Also, I wonder how many here care about spoilers from the book, as opposed to spoilers from the show? Because there are still things I’d like to mention that I’ve read in the book, that have not shown up in the show yet.

No need to use the books to spoil things unless it is about the already shown shows.

I mean why not just tell the ending and be done with it? I myself hate spoilers which is why I waited to reaad this thread until I watched the last episode.

This is my opinion

1 Like

… aaaaand nope

2 Likes

Ub6 said in **SPOILERS** GoT Finale Discussion:

No need to use the books to spoil things unless it is about the already shown shows.

I mean why not just tell the ending and be done with it? I myself hate spoilers which is why I waited to reaad this thread until I watched the last episode.

This is my opinion

Thank you, that is exactly why I asked that question!! I would hate to spoil anything, for anyone, that does not want to know. I hate spoilers also. But some folks don’t mind, so I want to know who I’m talking to before risking it.

I would never want to tell the ending. My main accident would be talking about something on the show that was already shown, but comparing it to the book version, which would be different, then accidentally spoiling something simply because I would figure if they already went past it on the show, then its ok, but then they show up with it later, just a different version of it, in a different place. if that makes sense.

Since it is already shown now on the show, a PERFECT example would be this season where Jaime went and took back Riverrun, by sending Edmure in there.

I believe this is season 6? I could have sworn they’ve already done that scene, because it happened way earlier, and slightly different in the book. I could easily have seen myself talking about that scene last year, or prior to when it was shown on the show in a thread like this. Because in the book, that scene happened way earlier than this. So to me, I would figure, well, they are way past this in the show, so they must be not going to address it. Then all the sudden this season they throw it in, way later. Thats the kind of accidental stuff I’m talking about, not intentional spoilers.

But… you answered my question!! so no mention of the book here, I may even make another thread sometime that would be clearly labeled, because I would love to compare differences between the book and show. but not right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like