Steam Summer Sale 2018

No money now but when I get paid on the third I am going to pick up The final Walking Dead game for myself and one game for a giveaway I intend to do.

I plan to pick up a couple before its over. My son gave me a steam gift card for B-day, so its just been sitting out there till the sale, because I knew at least one or two of them would go on sale. And it did!

2 Likes

I normally buy a couple of them before the sale but with no vehicle I could not get to Gamestop to get any.

With your injuries are you able to ride a bicycle? I just picked up this ebike a week ago:

32kph max speed, 40-70km range on one battery charge (terrain type is why it varies by like 30km), no license required, no insurance required, no fuel required. You only have to pedal if you feel like it or the battery shits the bed. I use it to get to work and to get groceries. It’s compatible with a bajillion attachments too. Right now I just have a large bag attached to hold groceries, but if my lifestyle were diff there’s lots of things I could attach to it. Also in USA the speed limit on ebikes is faster (enforced in firmware).

If you are interested, I would suggest using the .com site. Everything will be in usd and will ship from within USA. The .ca site ships from somewhere in BC.

2 Likes

I tried and I am going to spell this wrong and incumbent bike last year and it was an epic fail, could not go 3 feet without balance issues, though I do think it was because the peddles were to far forward.

A few problems with a standard bike, my tailbone is beyond a shadow of a doubt my most tender area, if that starts to hurt I am in deep trouble. It sets the back off straight up the spine and can kick the hips in too, though not all the time. As a matter of fact I am leaning forward as I type this because of the tailbone. The other problems have are as mentioned above balance thought that is improving, I no longer use a cane in most situations and with the shoulder surgeries I am not sure they are strong enough yet for me to lean forward on like that. Gained some weight back after the 2 surgeries but am losing again but not where I feel comfortable to even try a standard bike, rotator cuff surgery recovery can take over a year, the right side still does not feel right and that was done on May 5 2017 though it is getting better slowly.

I have to get off of here or I am going to be in trouble back wise. Neat looking bike by the way.

1 Like

I’ve seen one of those <can’t spell it either> bikes at the bike rack where I chain my bike at work. Dunno who drives it, but looks really sketchy. Also no idea what they do at a stop light to prevent from falling over lol.

I think you put your feet down.

You do, but it looks like it would be as difficult as quickly getting off a hammock from laying down position.

I can see what you mean, you lay pretty far back on some.

SO what did everyone end up buying during the Summer Sale? I got the following:

4 Likes

My only purchase :smiley:

Steam_2018-07-05_20-38-00

2 Likes

Only this

2 Likes

Just this:

3 Likes

I don’t think i bought myself anything, but I got people some stuff and other people got me stuff so thanks to them!

2 Likes

Thanks to @sYnCroSis I don’t need to buy anything for the next 10 sales. :laughing:

1 Like

If only you’d play some of them!

3 Likes

I’ve finished Senua in a record time. :smiley:
Now I’m at the end of FC5. :wink:

2 Likes

I ended up getting these-

I had a gift card from my birthday, that I was supposed to use on those two games, but by waiting till the sale, I also picked up these two with it. Maximizing my gift!!

2 Likes

I stuck with just what I mentioned above; Boss 101 and then the Amazon glitch on Battletech. There were a couple others that caught my eye but nothing that made me pounce.

1 Like

Bought only Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition, it will occupy me for a while.