steelseries merc stealth... wtf!?!!?

Alright this is the keyboard I’ve had for like 5ish years. When I bought it, it was MAYBE $80cdn . I know things don’t last forever, so I was about to buy another one just to keep in the box until my current one died. WTF IS WITH THIS PRICE???

I can barely find it anywhere and the one I did find is crazy expensive! Anyone able to find this keyboard for a reasonable price (new or used)???

Yeah, the $8.52 shipping cost makes the price hilariously high!!!

2 Likes

Ideazon ZBoard was the original i think. Maybe they are cheaper to get now?

meffflenn said in steelseries merc stealth... wtf!?!!?:

Ideazon ZBoard was the original i think. Maybe they are cheaper to get now?

Out if the ones that have roughly the same layout on the left side, they only have half the letter keys and are also expensive.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?k=Ideazon+ZBoard

Found this on eBay but it is used and the price is still quite high imo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steelseries-Merc-Stealth-Gaming-Keyboard-Dedicated-Game-Cluster-RBP-Backlight-/222685194706?hash=item33d91269d2:g:j8MAAOSwPzhZ6YLX

Here is another.

http://www.tamayatech.com/parts.php?g=64049&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImK3-ofKG1wIVGbbACh01OAyfEAkYASABEgJqqfD_BwE

1 Like

That definately is the cheapest but still a bit much. I may have to look into entirely diff models.

1 Like

gord0 I don’t blame you.

sir_diealot said in steelseries merc stealth... wtf!?!!?:

gord0 I don’t blame you.

It just sucks because I really like the merc stealth. :frowning:

gord0 I was the same with the Razor Copperhead mouse.

I ended up ordering this. Now when my merc dies I only need replace it with a cheapo for typing and continue using this for gaming:

1 Like

gord0 I have thought about getting one of that style from Razer in the past, but the keys are still straight and they were quite expensive at the time.

sir_diealot said in steelseries merc stealth... wtf!?!!?:

gord0 I have thought about getting one of that style from Razer in the past, but the keys are still straight and they were quite expensive at the time.

What do you mean by “straight” ?

gord0 This is what I am forced to use because of my car accident back in 88 If I use the straight keyboards like lets say the Razor Black Widow where all the keys are straight then I get massive pain almost immediately especially along the tendon running back from the middle finger on the left hand which the bones and wrist have not been right on since the accident in 88

Ahh, well since the one I ordered(and similar) are really just the left 1/4 of the kb, could you not just rotate it accordingly?

gord0 said in steelseries merc stealth... wtf!?!!?:

Ahh, well since the one I ordered(and similar) are really just the left 1/4 of the kb, could you not just rotate it accordingly?

If you look at the KB I posted even the individual keys are set differently that on a straight KB so I am unsure if that would work. It sucks because my body limits me in a lot of things even in gaming, I want one of those fancy racing chairs for my computer desk but my back and hips being what they are I will never order one because there is nobody that I know that has one and there are no stores around that carry one that I could sit it.

I would love to at least try VR but I have had numerous surgeries on my eyes when I was young and my eyes do not work together at all so I am unwilling to throw money after something that may be absolutely useless to me.

I would like to have one of those fancy lighted keyboards but they are all straight except one I found and it had horrendous reviews on every sight I found. There are other things but you get the point.

Well about a year ago the down key on the gaming side broke (peg the key is glued to). I ended up ordering another one used. That one started having a mushy left (membrane damage) and the right one broke tonight (peg that the key is glued to)… BUT I still had the old one. Transfered the down key from the new one to the old one and it’s good as new. So back to using my original. and I’m keeping the newer one for key/membrane harvesting.

Now I’m curious lol.

I had said I have this keyboard but this post was from years ago so I assumed you had no need. It’s a bit dirty but everything is in decent condition, I’m trying to sell it on fb marketplace and I doubt you’re close by but if you are I could try to sell it to ya.

Cash is tight right now otherwise I would buy it. I still have plenty of donor keys.