Stray

Just finished Stray. Awesome game and definitely my GOTY. Took me around 4 hours to finish it, so it’s not that long. I’m doing the platinum run next.
It’s on Playstation Plus Extra so try it! Definitely recommended. It’s also on that thing…Steam.

1 Like

Got the platinum. A blindfolded toddler can get it. That’s how easy the platinum is.

2 Likes

True considering even you got it

2 Likes

HAH you jokester. I hate you

1 Like

I keep seeing this game, and much like Elden Ring, it seems like something that is wildly popular that I’ll never play.

Looks pretty good, but I don’t like cats at all, and don’t want to pay $30 for a 4 hour game.

Also, looking at the steam description, I found it odd that it uses their as a pronoun. Personally I would use its, which is still gender neutral. In normal conversation, I’d say “find its way home” Just an observation, LOL.

I think they’ve put “their” because you are not just playing as a cat in the game and what you are doing in the game is actually something you are doing for a lot of…eh, people.

BUT, I think I know why you thought they used “their” as a pronoun. The freaking sentence in the description started with “lost alone and separated from the family”, so “their” made absolutely no sense when you read the whole sentence lol

Pretty understandable. I wouldn’t pay 27 euros for it either because it’s so short. However, I hate cats. I don’t like them one bit but the game is really well made and deserves to be played no matter if you like cats or not. It’s a walking sim/puzzle game, simple and with a nice story. You should definitely grab it when it’s on sale.

1 Like

You hate yourself? So sad :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Cat slander gets you on my list.

1 Like

DOGS 4 LYFE!!!

1 Like

Well, skunks and cats are not actually related irl. skunks are in the weasel family. so, no.

I’m highly allergic to cats. I mean, like if I touch one, I can’t function, face puffs up, and its like I have an extremely bad flu, and it happens within 15 minutes of touch. Always been this way since I was a kid, so I grew up being a dog person. And it made it really hard going to peoples houses that kept cats inside, I still cannot do that.

aaaaand, we are feeding our neighbor’s cat for a week. happens once a year, when he goes on vacation, my wife feeds his cat. It stays outside and I don’t touch it, but she pets it and loves on it so after a week, it starts thinking it lives here.

Ahhh karma, thou art a fickle one! :rofl:

4 Likes

Alright. I guess I’ll cross you off the list.

steve buscemi people to kill GIF

5 Likes

My mom just asked if I played it…and she doesn’t know shit about shit in any capacity when it comes to gaming.

3 Likes

Was poking around Playstation.com today because there’s nothing else to do in a blizzard and I upgraded to ‘Premium’ PS+ for the last couple months of my ‘Essential’. Was under 10bucks for the upgrade. Figured that was worth finally playing cat game and maybe one or two more before downgrading back.

I’m probably on the home stretch of the game already, but it’d be cool if I was closer to halfway (doubt) … I mean, with heavy heavy bias it is a 11 out of 10 for me already. Cat! But. I have no clue why this was in GOTY discussions. Also do wish I could do more completely useless cat things more often. I’d have happily chased bugs or batted 100x more things around for hours on end. It’s rad either way. Should finish it up tomorrow.

My real cat now hates my Dualsense for meowing.

Edit: Finished it. 11 out of 10.

dogs are still better

try this next

The sentence now just says “…separated from family…”.

This is my next game! I wouldn’t call it GOTY yet, but I also haven’t finished it yet. So far this year I’d give it to High on Life, but there’s still a chunk of this year left.

Will post more later.

Oh also, it’s 20% off right now due to the Spring Sale.

This is a really good game. Max setting at 2160p>70 (usually >90)… I wish it had HDR!

1 Like

I just called it GOTY to get the internet points. My GOTY last year was Lost Judgment. Stray is still good though.

I actually just beat it! Totally recommended! Yeah, it’s a great game, but no GOTY. I still hold High On Life to that for 2023 (I don’t recall if it released in 2022 or not, but for me it’s a 2023 game).

2 Likes