sYnCroSis *** September Gaming Challenge

Just finished Bioshock Infinite for the 2nd time.

Honestly, I know it’s a good game, but it’s not my favorite… I think it’s my least favorite of the series. I love Rapture and the way 1 and 2 came together. Truthfully, I’m the outlier outside of Katsuo in that I like Part 2 the most.

I’ll state basic positives before what issues I had. Songbird is cool, the skyline is cool, beautiful graphics, solid voice acting, and a cool story (although it felt like it jumped around a bit).

…Infinite, seemed to last infinitely long… it was like Peter Jackson made the game. It didn’t have to be 12-14 hours long… would have been fine at 8 or 9. It just didn’t want to end and all the dragging out made it painful and one of those “I just need to frickin grind it out and finish this game” type of experiences. Also, I was bored with Columbia. It got repetitive, whereas Rapture seems to have a ton of mystery and is intriguing. Lastly, the weapons and powers in Infinite seem like an afterthought. There’s a machine gun, repeater, and burst gun, all look identical but have a different rate of fire… REALLY?! I’m going to give it a 7/10.

NOW, that being said, ShiftySatchmo bought me the DLC’s and I’ve played through all of the Bioshock’s to get back in the swing and fully enjoy the DLC’s. I will say off the bat, 20 minutes into Burial at Sea: Episode 1, I already know it’s much better than Infinite. Seeing Rapture prior to the collapse is awesome, and it has a great noir feel to it. Really excited to play through it.

2 Likes