sYnCroSis *** September Gaming Challenge

I have officially put 60 hours into RPG Maker MV over the last 10 days or so. I am building an RPG for my nephew for his birthday as a way to learn the tool and to give him something cool.

That being said, I needed a freakin break, so just put 15 mins into Bioshock 2 to finish it off.

I am probably in the minority, but I liked it better than 1. Way better pacing, more action, Eleanor was awesome, and the Big Daddy drill was fun to use.

I’d say 8/10.

Next up is Infinite. Then after beating that, I can finally play Burial at Sea and the other dlc.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posers…

I mark all titles on steam with the tag “RPG Maker” as “Not Interested” lol

I remember using it’s predecessor “Game Maker” back in the day before I learned how to program. It’s an ok stepping stone, but pretty much all the games made with it look and feel the same.

1 Like

gord0 Yeah I’m sure there’s a lot of trash out there. I’m using this first project as a way to learn the program. If I want to seriously make my own after, I’ll customize everything from sprites, characters, tilesets, music, etc. so it’ll have a good feel like To the Moon’s creator did.

Just finished Bioshock Infinite for the 2nd time.

Honestly, I know it’s a good game, but it’s not my favorite… I think it’s my least favorite of the series. I love Rapture and the way 1 and 2 came together. Truthfully, I’m the outlier outside of Katsuo in that I like Part 2 the most.

I’ll state basic positives before what issues I had. Songbird is cool, the skyline is cool, beautiful graphics, solid voice acting, and a cool story (although it felt like it jumped around a bit).

…Infinite, seemed to last infinitely long… it was like Peter Jackson made the game. It didn’t have to be 12-14 hours long… would have been fine at 8 or 9. It just didn’t want to end and all the dragging out made it painful and one of those “I just need to frickin grind it out and finish this game” type of experiences. Also, I was bored with Columbia. It got repetitive, whereas Rapture seems to have a ton of mystery and is intriguing. Lastly, the weapons and powers in Infinite seem like an afterthought. There’s a machine gun, repeater, and burst gun, all look identical but have a different rate of fire… REALLY?! I’m going to give it a 7/10.

NOW, that being said, ShiftySatchmo bought me the DLC’s and I’ve played through all of the Bioshock’s to get back in the swing and fully enjoy the DLC’s. I will say off the bat, 20 minutes into Burial at Sea: Episode 1, I already know it’s much better than Infinite. Seeing Rapture prior to the collapse is awesome, and it has a great noir feel to it. Really excited to play through it.

2 Likes

syncrosis I felt the same at the end of the game. That paralel universe riot is too long I think. Columbia was just too bright after two episodes of Rupture and how sad was that scene with Songbird at the bottom of the sea. Burial at Sea is great, i think managed to beat it without being seen. I just love stealth games :smiley: This is not one, but you can do it :smiley:

1 Like

I definitely agree about the drag ButtStallion mentioned with the rebellion thing, but I still say 2 is the weakest. Not a bad game, but doesn’t fit as well.

If anything, infinite should have been longer and included burial at sea with it. People who don’t buy dlcs are robbed of the true ending by splitting it out for profit. That part is garbage, but I forgive them because it was so good haha. Anyway we can discuss when you are done.

Someone I could never play the DLC aka Burial at sea my game keeps crashing as soon as i try to play hmmm

I think I liked the theme in Infinite more than in the other Bioshock games. And I also think that Bioshock 2 was the worst in the series. I don’t know, something didn’t click right in B2 when I played it. B1 was so much better. Also, I didn’t play the DLCs in Infinite mainly because they cost more than my kidney. :confused:

1 Like

katsuo it probably felt different because 1 & 3 were made by what’s his face and 2 wasn’t. Also, in 2 you play as an OP smash machine. I remember I never felt any scares or tension like you feel in 1 because you are the big thing that kills everything will a drill.

1 Like

I liked all of them…in fact I marathoned them all within the last year. Including Minerva’s Den and Burrial At Sea.

2 Likes

gord0 yeah, I wouldn’t say any of them are bad or anything.

shiftysatchmo stop playing on easy like teh_g rofl waffle

2 Likes

syncrosis the only people I know who play on easy are teh_g and Katsuo

1 Like

shiftysatchmo said in sYnCroSis *** September Gaming Challenge:

syncrosis the only people I know who play on easy are teh_g and Katsuo

Casuals!

2 Likes

gord0 filthy casuals

1 Like

shiftysatchmo I don’t play games on easy, you hairy donut

1 Like