Taking a stab at miniature painting (maybe gaming too)

I think the second one came out better. Five to go! I also have like 60 zombies to paint or something.

7 Likes

Get crackin!

1 Like

Some in progress zombies. This painting thing is kind of addictive…

5 Likes

Yes it is pretty addictive if you keep snuffing up half the paint. :smiley:

5 Likes

Very good job, wish my hands would let me do that.

Finished some zombies finally

6 Likes

They are ready to dance.

2 Likes

Took a break from zombies to try some star wars again. Still need to base it but I think it turned out ok!

4 Likes

I like the wear and tear look to it.

1 Like

Yeah it took a lot of layering to do it that way but it was worth it. The base will be the same desert theme as the other ones so the wear made sense to me.

1 Like

Dang I wish I knew how to do weathering :stuck_out_tongue: Oh well :slight_smile:

It’s not that hard just takes some patience. Watch a video!

1 Like

Based it and made it chase some troopers :smile:

3 Likes

@ShiftySatchmo dude you are doing an awesome job. I love seeing these pics.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s fun

The tabletop mats for legion are stupid expensive so I had this idea to make a themed playing surface to match the bases of the figures I did. I just bought cheap laminate flooring, painted it, painted watered down glue, covered it in sand (leaving room on the edges for the cards), and then painted the watered down glue over the sand to seal it. What’s nice is it clicks together and I can take it apart for storage. I still need to dry brush it a little to even out the color but I think it turned out well. It ended up being 6x4 which is enough for the official 6x3 area with 6 inches on each side for cards. Here’s some of what it looks like (unassembled). When I finish the minis and terrain I’ll take some more pictures.

4 Likes

Daym guys. You people are real creative. Kinda makes me feel inferior about my digital art. Great work.

1 Like

At least you can do something. I’m terrible at all art.

2 Likes

I’ve been stuck for a month after starting an artwork, I know what I’m gonna shape it into but I don’t have the drive to complete it. I think not being able to is better for mental health in this case xD.

I couldn’t really get into the digital stuff and I wasn’t great at it haha.