teh g -- 2019 Gamer Challenge

I beat some more Spiderman at some point, it was great.

I just beat Kingdom Hearts 3 as well. The game was fun. The story was convoluted as hell, but the combat was entertaining. You feel extremely powerful through the entire game.

4 Likes

So it was too easy?

Yeah, I really only had trouble with the last boss fight. Every other encounter felt trivial to beat. If youre familiar with the style I’d actually recommend proud mode right off the bat.

We just got to the Little Mermaid world in KH1

1 Like

I finally beat Shadow of the Tomb Raider. If you liked any of the other modern Tomb Raider games, you will like this one. It doesn’t change a ton over past games, so if you are looking for innovation or anything, look elsewhere. But it was a solid 6/10 experience. Took about 23 hours to finish, I didn’t do all the challenge tombs or anything, but if I found them and could enter at that time I went and did them.

5 Likes

I’ve been plugging along playing Persona 5. I finally beat it. The game was stellar. It was a wonderful mix of JRPG combat style (with basically no grinding required), a great story, awesome soundtrack, and a collection mechanic of Personas. Highly recommend that everyone play it. Took me about 91:29 to beat it. There isn’t really side quests that take extra time, so I think that’d be the normal finish time. It does seem like you’d need to play it twice to get all the relationship rankings up. A solid 9/10. Close to a 10/10 but I don’t see me raving about it as much as God of War.

1 Like

Dang, I am on a roll. I finished Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition. I was in the mood for some beat em up action, and it fit that need. It also had some fun dungeons to go through. Unfortunately there were some occasional crashes. Nothing too aggressive, but it was frustrating at times. I’d say that it was a solid 5/10. It was worth playing, but I wouldn’t ever go back to it.

4 Likes

Was thinking about playing it since I installed it like 10 million days ago. Now I know I won’t play it. Thanks! :rofl:

1 Like

I finally beat Devil May Cry 5! (thanks Milisav)

It was a pretty classic iteration of the Devil May Cry series. It had everything you’d expect in this type of game; great combat, ridiculous story, sweet music, and cool weapons. Definitely recommend it if you are into beat em up style games. I didn’t do any extra content, and it took about 10 hours. I’d give it a 7/10.

6 Likes

I jusssst started playing it again but am only on mission 3

I just finished mission 5. I wish there was more action between cutscenes.

1 Like

Yeah the missions are really short. I guess that’s why there are 20 of them. Playing as V is fun though. Pretty different

Yeah. It’s so easy to get SSS with V haha

Beat the first campaign in Fire Emblem Three Houses (I did the Blue Lion House). This is the best Fire Emblem game to date. It is crazy that the other two campaigns are different and not just reskins… Took me 42 hours and 41 minutes on Normal difficulty with the Classic rules (permadeath).

5 Likes

11/10?

1 Like

I’ve always played permadeath but I’ve never been able to finish any fire emblem game because a character I really liked would die and I would be too sad to continue playing.

They added a mechanic where you can roll back time, so it makes permadeath pretty meaningless.

Unless you just can’t progress without a sacrifice, which I assume would happen on the harder difficulty

1 Like

I finished the Link’s Awakening remake on Switch. It is a really well done remake of one of my favorites. The new graphics and reorchestrstion were nice. There was some slowdowns on the poor Switch when it moved between areas. I’d give it a 8/10. I’m a bit biased towards Zelda games though.

4 Likes

The only reason I’ll never buy Link’s Awakening are the ads that I get pretty much everywhere. Turn on the TV, Link’s Awakening is there. Open the newspaper, Link’s Awakening is there. Go outside to see god, Link’s Awakening is there. It’s more annoying than anything.