teh g -- 2019 Gamer Challenge

Digimon is awesome. I’m a Monster Rancher fan too.

1 Like

Oh man. I wish Monster Rancher is a thing again. I forgot that even exists.

Managed to squeeze one more game in before the New Year. I finished Dragon Quest XI on PS4. It took 45:33 to beat it.

The game was a great improvement upon some classic JRPG elements. There is a lot to do in the world, and I definitely only scratched the surface. There is a massive amount of crafting, exploration, and quests to do. I also believe there is some post-game stuff that can be done. The game itself used a pretty standard JRPG turn-based format. It does allow you to move your characters around for some reason, but it is just for looks? Music was good, though somewhat repetitive. I was really impressed with the translators’ ability to create so many great puns for monsters.

I’d give it a solid 9/10, it is a really fun entry in the RPG world.

3 Likes

I was wondering when will you finish the game. Every time I log in to ps4, you are there playing Dragon Quest haha. That game received tons of awards last year, I believe. I’m still waiting for them to put the japanese dub. I really don’t like the English voice overs. Well, at least in the beginning of the game…

The English voice overs are definitely less than stellar. I usually ignore them anyway, so it doesn’t bother me.

Yeah, I think I should ignore them as well. Otherwise, I’m missing out on a great game.

1 Like