Telltale Goes Belly Up

Everybody laid off and every game seemingly cancelled. Just a ‘skeleton crew’ left for a Netflix project having to do with Minecraft Story Mode.

Sad face.

Zero fucks really. Bad things happen to bad publisher/devs.

First what they created was amazing. The Walking Dead season 1, Tales from the borderlands. And after several games you started to learn how nothing really matters, they were all the same. Yes it was a good 2-3 hour fun with friends playing on the couch but after you played a Telltale game you played it all, it was pretty predictable. They should have evolve, upgrade years ago. Still, bad news because I always wanted a Tales from the Borderlands season 2 :confused:

I would’ve enjoyed Wolf Among Us 2. Kinda annoying knowing there’s a half baked version of it. Oh well. I still got a couple of their games left to play when the mood strikes. Were always good fall back casual games if I didn’t have a good book on deck.

They introduced me to something I hate. Episodic games. You play the first ep and like it. Then the second ep comes out and you forget everything. So then you play ep1 again, then play ep2. Ep3 comes out and you forget everything again. You say fuck it and never touch episodic games again unless all the eps are already released before you ever touched it…because then, it’s an actual game.

Walking dead was solid. I don’t think I’ll miss them. They did say they are keeping 25 people so it doesn’t sound like they shut down completely.

Yikes, can’t say I played many of there games though I do have Walking Dead and maybe one other some where.

It’s always sad to see people lose their jobs. With that said you guys have already stated everything I feel about the company. All there games follow the same formula without evolving, and episodic game releases just suck. I pretty much completely avoid buying it until its completely released.

i was really looking forward to Stranger things and The wolf among us (season 2) but… T_T

This is horrible, I hope the rest of the Walking Dead Final Chapter is release, no big secret I love the series. I did not care much for Wolf Among Us or Back to the Future: The Game I am sorry to say, but hate seeing any company go under.

I imagine they spent too much money on licensing, then pushed out content like crazy instead of fixing some of the core game bugs in their chapters. Definitely sad to see people lose their jobs, but it goes to show that you can’t just shotgun out games.

1 Like
1 Like

“I, unfortunately, like most of you, do not have the details on how this all came to be and I also do not know the fate of the final season of TWD,” she said. “To my knowledge, they will release Episode 2 and then that will be it. It hurts me that you, the fans, will not get to see Clem’s journey through to the end.”

Maybe fans will finish the second half haha

As a Skyrim mod XD

1 Like

You are not able to purchase The Final Season from now on. I don’t know if people will be able to refund the season pass, because if you finished episode 1, that is beyond 2 hours of gameplay already = “never preorder” @gord0 :smiley:

Also:

I would still try to refund it. They make exceptions sometimes. But yes, pre-ordering digital is just plain stupid.

I’m not sure I would consider playing the first episode to be preordering :thinking:

I never cared much about the walking dead, but I loved the Fables series, and was looking forward to Wolf amoung us 2.

I assume I’ll still be able to play the ones that were made? I have the Game of Thrones one laying around and thought I might play it…someday. LOL. I may not actually ever get around to it, but it would make me mad to think I had paid money for it, and ‘not’ be able to play it someday.

1 Like

I requested a refund for from Humble Bundle last night on my redeemed copy and woke up to a refund. Good service!

5 Likes