The Mandalorian

I wanted to do a topic for this series for some time. Let’s do it before the season finale. Any thoughts? Yousa liking it? I am so digging it, I want to forget the new trilogy movies. Negatives? Positives? Let the rage begin.

3 Likes

Every episode follows a super standard western or war movie/story arc but that ain’t so bad at all. It has been fun. I haven’t watched today’s episode but the only nitpick things I haven’t liked so far were (spoilers obv and I dunno how to do spoilers…);

The ATST acting “alive” in what was otherwise an awesome and menacing scene to start (though they could’ve just nade’d it when they snuck up on the camp too…) And then the New Republic just firing on the outpost no questions asked because of a gunship in the hanger and a beacon. Seemed a bit ruthless.

2 Likes

I have no idea what that issues

Is it on Prime?

So what I don’t get, this supposedly took place 5 years after ROTJ? How is it Baby Yoda? Yoda died in ROTJ…

It is not actually Yoda, people are just calling it Baby Yoda because no one knows the name of the species, this is Lucas’ one mystery left behind. They are important because I noticed in almost every era one from the species is leading the Jedi Council and now looks like they are born naturally with the force.

1 Like

I thought it was great in the beginning when it was one story based around baby Yoda. My love for the series has gone down a bit these last few episodes because it seems to be just contained episodes with a group of characters that don’t carry over to the next. With that said I still think it’s great.

1 Like

It’s just not a serial format. It’s more like Firefly or X-Files where they hit major plot points to bookend the season. Not too many shows do it that way anymore but I kind of like it because it adds variety.

3 Likes

I’m enjoying the show and the production value is very high. I think I’m just afraid the whole Baby Yoda thing isn’t going to go anywhere.

1 Like

I guess you need to catch up then

1 Like

I’m only 1 episode behind.

2 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad I havent watched it at all, just going by what I have seen on meme centeral lol

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying all the baby Yoda memes.

1 Like