The Witcher TV series from Netflix

I agree with you completely. Red all the books before and finished Expanse S4 yesterday. :smiley:

1 Like

I was not impressed by the trailers and I had doubts but after two episodes…it is pretty good :smiley:

1 Like

It’s 10/10 for me. I’m loving every episode so far. I don’t know which show I like the most this year…The Boys or The Witcher.

2 Likes

Oh oh ooo :notes:

1 Like

Damn this series made me reinstall The Witcher 3, but I fear I don’t have another 100 hours to do it again. :smiley:

3 Likes

It made me reinstall all 3 of em and I really don’t have the time to replay them all. :frowning:

2 Likes

Finished the series and started to play the witcher 3 again, damn
About the first season: awesome, loved it.

1 Like

Why start with w3? Start the trilogy again, weakling.

2 Likes

I remember the first episode. The Polish guys made it but because of we are in such a friendship the game shipped with hungarian dub. It was horrible. They never done it again. You are right, I need to play it again, installing :smiley:

Totally doing it

3 Likes

Watch out for the Frighteners. :skull:

1 Like

So I have to say I am disappointed in the Netflix Witcher series, the first 3 or 4 episodes started out pretty good but then it just seemed to all fall apart. I apprtiate that they were trying to tell stories from the books, but they were much to rushed to fit into the one hour slot and left quite a bit to be desired. I did not like the fact that they change my favorite character Triss Merigold at all, got me rather angry to be honest, I will never agree with changing a character for political correctness, if they wanted a character then to represent whatever it was they wanted it to represent then they should have made up a new character, not taken a crap on a much loved character. I thought the casting was poor, the woman playing Yennefer is much to young, the one playing Ciri to old and the one that shocked me because I actually thought he did a good job, especially with the voice was the guy that played Geralt, I absolutely hated him in Superman but he did a decent job in this.

3 Likes

I finally got to see this and we finished it last night.

I have to say that I loved it. I thought the actors that played Geralt and Yenn both nailed it, with their passion for their parts. To me, it was like Lord of the Rings. It wasn’t ‘exactly’ like the books, but at least they got the spirit right. And fun to know that Cavill loves the game so much that he has played through it multiple times!

Yenn is my favorite character other than Geralt of course, and although she was slightly off in what I would have thought for appearance, the actress nailed the part so good it more than made up for it.

Ciri was ok, no problems there.

I can see that Triss was miscast but to be honest, the book doesn’t really go into a ton of detail. They could added a ‘sheen of red’ or however the book describes it, to her hair and it would be fine with me. I honestly thought the game did her a bit wrong. Appearance wise, the game was closer in hair color and race than the show, but it bothered me that the game never addressed the scar. At least the show addressed the scar. The game just pretended that it wasn’t there, EVEN thought supposedly the game is set after the scar happens, as far as I can tell.

Fringilla is honestly the one that I had the most trouble with. I have nothing at all against people of different races, or genders, but you shouldn’t mess with stuff that are canon in books, that are clearly spelled out. The books very specifically say Fringilla was deathly pale, or something like that. And even more, the writing of her character. I don’t think she was anything like the way the show portrayed her.

Oh and Jaskier, I thought did a great job.

can’t think of much more at the moment.

EDIT: Oh, just this. My wife has never played the Witcher or read the books and she loved the show.

3 Likes

My wife made me buy Witcher 3 on PS4 so she could watch me play after seeing the series.

3 Likes

What did everyone think of season 2? I got one more episode left then I’ll post what I thought.

ooo, thanks for the warning! We have not started it yet, probably wait till after Yellowstone.

will come back to this thread then, only after I’ve watched Ws2. :wink:

1 Like

I have a few episodes left. It started good but I don’t know if I think it’s a good season or not…

I feel like Henry is the only one carrying the show.

The last two episodes I thought were just bad. Everything up until that point was alright. The first episode was probably the best. It just kept moving more and more away from the books and I found myself liking it less and less.

1 Like

I am not going to lie, I kinda liked the second season. I do agree that the first episode was the best one and the show got worse and worse towards the end. They just didn’t stick to the books and that’s what annoyed me a bit but I still think, as a whole package, the second season was still okay.

What pisses me off the most and I’m pretty sure a lot of people would agree with me is…Geralt was barely in the show. The main focus was on Ciri and Yen and that annoys me somehow. I would’ve loved the show if they gave Geralt a bit more screentime. He doesn’t have to be in the main plot more…he could’ve been in a sub-story…they could’ve just copied any quest from The Witcher 3 and the season would’ev been 100 times better in the end.

Now…Blood Origin. Why? Prequel, now?