TOP 20 games of all time

Let’s hear your top20 games ever, regardless of platform, only counting single games and not series. This is the game we played this weekend with friends and we had a lot to argue and agree. I can share my top 20, but expect only pc games because i never had a console, never played on handheld or mobile…Except GBC but that was a long time ago.

1. Deus Ex
  2. Half Life 2
  3. Mafia
  4. Dishonored
  5. Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War
  6. Borderlands 2
  7. Grand Theft Auto 5
  8. F1 2020
  9. Heroes of Might and Magic 3
  10. XCOM 2
  11. Starcraft 2
  12. Portal 2
  13. Frostpunk
  14. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
  15. Mass Effect 2
  16. Cyberpunk 2077
  17. Stellaris
  18. Darksiders
  19. Dragon Age Inquisition
  20. Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth
4 Likes

I’m 37. Been playing games for 34 years. This list ain’t happening.

4 Likes

I understand completely, we discussed it for half a day :smiley:

I can get into this. I been gaming longer than gord0 has been alive, so a lot to choose from.

For me, also expect PC games only. I don’t play on consoles, and mobile games aren’t real games.

My list is strictly based on various factors, but mainly how much I enjoyed the game and what I felt it contributed to my enjoyment, regardless of bugs or what the rest of the world thought.

TLDR version

1. Bioshock Infinite
  2. Skyrim
  3. Everquest
  4. Deus Ex
  5. Red Dead Redemption 2 (single player part)
  6. Vampire The Masquerade
  7. Horizons
  8. The Secret World
  9. Duke Nukem
  10. Fallout New Vegas
  11. Carmeggedon (original version)
  12. Command HQ
  13. Fortnite
  14. Magic The Gathering: Arena
  15. Oblivion
  16. Dirt Rally
  17. Grand Theft Auto 5 (single player part)
  18. Far Cry 5
  19. Fallout 3
  20. Conan Exiles

Long version - explanations provided for those that want to read

1. Bioshock Infinite
    hands down, best game I ever played, by a long shot. 10/10 in every viable category, 20/10 on story and ending.
  2. Skyrim
    Open world roleplaying at its best. played through once, then one of the few single player games I played again, with mods that made it even more roleplaying. My modded version of Skyrim is very close to the perfect game for me.
  3. Everquest
    Many a night spent in this game with friends. We raided, we roleplayed, it had everything we wanted.
  4. Deus Ex
    This was my Bioshock Infinite before I played Bioshock. great game.
  5. Red Dead Redemption 2 (single player part)
    Amazing game and story, all around. Better than most movies
  6. Vampire The Masquerade
    Another amazing story and game. One of my favorites.
  7. Horizons
    Could have been better than Everquest if management had not screwed up so bad. Gameplay was better than any MMORPG out there. still hate that this one folded because of real world crap.
  8. The Secret World
    Loved the subject matter of this game. its below Horizons because of slightly less gameplay, below EQ because quests were great to play, but not to replay, and roleplaying was not there.
  9. Duke Nukem
    best FPS out there, hilarious and fun
  10. Fallout New Vegas
    storyline and vibe were great
  11. Carmeggedon (original version)
    so much fun with this game at LAN parties, it was a favorite of our group.
  12. Command HQ
    This was waaaay back when you had to play it with two pcs linked by a 25 pair serial cable. It was a Civ type game before Civ existed. played kind of like Risk, with Civ rules.
  13. Fortnite
    the game is just plain fun. it beats all the other BRs by the fun of playing and stupid antics it causes
  14. Magic The Gathering: Arena
    Best CCG ever. this version is the first one to feel like the real card game.
  15. Oblivion
    same as Skyrim, but down here because I couldn’t quite get this one to perfect before breaking it with mods.
  16. Dirt Rally
    best car game, for me.
  17. Grand Theft Auto 5 (single player part)
    great story, great presentation, knocked down this far because didn’t care for some of the over the top shock value/graphic scenes
  18. Far Cry 5
    mainly like the Far Cry games, but loved the story and setting in this one.
  19. Fallout 3
    great game, just not as great as New Vegas
  20. Conan Exiles
    this comes in at 20 because its got the most hours played for me. But mainly because we used it as a roleplaying tool. The game itself was meh, but as a tool to roleplay our own stories on a computer, it was great.
5 Likes

I agree infinite is a great game, but only if you played BioShock 1 and the infinite DLC (to consider the story amazing).

3 Likes

I could probably name 20 games I love but it wouldn’t be in order. Too difficult!

2 Likes

20 is not enough, this is what I remembered first

1. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Dragon Age Origins
  4. Skyrim / Oblivion / Morrowind
  5. Bioshock Infinite
  6. The Witcher / The Witcher 2 / The Witcher 3
  7. The Darkness 2
  8. Fallout New Vegas
  9. Planescape Torment
  10. Dark Souls
  11. Grim Fandango (Remastered)
  12. Age of Mythology
  13. Company of Heroes
  14. Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005)
  15. Heroes of Might and Magic V
  16. F.E.A.R.
  17. Grim Dawn / Titan Quest
  18. Clive Barker’s Jericho
  19. Mafia
  20. Max Payne
5 Likes

1. Tetris (NES)
It’s the best game ever made and the NES version is the best version of it. The end.

Rest in no order at all (ok, maybe chronological…ish) and half n half personals classics vs games I just associate with memories;

Oregon Trail (Apple 2)
Played it at school. Was the only time school was fun. We’d huddle in groups around a screen and name our party after ourselves and laugh as people died of dysentery. And I was of course one of the totally cool kids that could actually make it all the way.

Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers: The Adventure in Nimnul’s Castle (DOS)
First PC game I remember ever playing at home. I’m sure I may have played a different floppy first. But this is the first one that made me interested in PC versus the family 2600 and NES.

Super Mario Bros 1 (NES)
Most likely the first game I ever beat.

The Legend of Zelda 1 (NES)
Back in the days of Nintendo Power and before the internet NES games were amazing. This is the first adventure. By the time I was playing it, it had been around for years and you could get your hands on a guide or map more readily. But it was still epic.

Mega Man 2 (NES)
Only one in the series I owned. Always rented the others. So it stands out as my favorite to this day.

Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
The pinnacle of NES. I was like five or six when it came out and still remember it being a big deal.

Sonic CD (SEGA CD)
I was lucky enough to have a SEGA CD growing up. And this was, and is, the best Sonic game of them all.

LEGO Island (PC)
First CD Rom game I ever owned for my first PC. I was probably too old for it by that time, but I still played the shit out of it.

Half Life 1 (PC)
I was just entering high school and so were video games. I know it can be really rose tinted when people look back at Half Life. But I hit it at the right age at the right time. It really changed everything about my perspective of what video games were.

Team Fortress Classic (PC)
First experience doing multiplayer. Young enough to do all nighters with friends. Also was my first experiences with mods. Opened up PC even further in my eyes.

StarCraft 1 (PC)
Not going to lie. I only played it through once. I sucked at versus. But it was still a game changer. I had never seen anything like it when I saw it at my friends house. I remember me and him just watching his dad play it for hours straight. The cinematics. Everything was just mesmerizing.

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (PC)
“Cult classic” for me and one of my best buds. We still quote lines from it to this day. It was such a clunky old style game even for its time. But it was Indy damnit. And it was great.

Hot Shots Golf 3 (PS2)
I’m a teenage delinquent by this point. This was my groups go to competitive game that any of us with a PS2 happened to have. There were Killzones to beat, Madden/NCAA/NHL nights. But we always circled back to this. There was a nine hole par 3 mode in it that had little room for error when you were being ultra competitive and all well practiced. Was good fun.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC)
Probably a title I should drop for another, but it’s a game I remember being excited for and buying right away. I never even played the original or understood its importance at the time. But somehow this always caught my attention. Mustve been a good advertising campaign on the early internet or something. But I remember being so excited playing through it the first time. I rarely have revisited it, but it got ingrained in my skull.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault + DLC (PC)
The only PC game I revisit as often as HL1. Maybe even more. The cinematic quality of these games was so insane for their time. And are still rarely replicated. Modern “cinematic” games take your hands off the controls beyond pressing forward and jump during the big sequences. But MoHAA was sequences built around you playing the game. Great soundtrack. Right when WW2 was making splashes in media. Steven Spielberg worked on it after Saving Private Ryan. Band of Brothers had just come out. It was easy to get swept up in.

Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix (PC, just multiplayer)
Real angsty late teen years at this point. My friend and I wanted to get it day 1 “for the gore” because we were edgy or whatever. I mean we had just been playing GTA3 (which should be on my list) for a year straight. Maybe video games are bad influences… ANywho, they dropped a demo and it was a multiplayer one. We played that for two months straight leading up to the release. Then the game came out and the campaign sucked! But the multiplayer was INSANE good. This was Raven Software at their multiplayer prime. This is what the CoD multiplayer experiences were built on. I joined clans. I went to LANs. I played in “leagues” a couple season. I meet people I played with in real life. It was neat.

F1 2013 (PC)
I got PS3 on launch. It died. I revived it with the heat gun “fix”. It died again. I revived it again. It got stolen… I then went on a long period of my life where I only owned PC (up until I got PS5 last year). Throughout that entire time I missed sports games. They stopped making them for PC around '06~'09 right when I started my “only PC” phase. Finally after a few years I started Googling for sports games on PC. F1 series kept popping up. I now watch F1 regularly, bought a racing wheel, and started my interest in sim racing because of it. I’ve tried other entries in the series that have improved things in the last decade. But that’ll always be the one.

Automobilista 1 (PC + Racing Wheel)
First “true” sim I learned when I got my wheel. Mods. Tweaking files. Learning about car setups and what all the gibberish means. It will always be the sim that feels the most right to me.

Risk of Rain 2 (PC)
This is everything I love about gaming these days. I got burnt out by AAA eons ago. I had my fun as you can read with the other games in the list. But the inventiveness of small creators is what I really appreciate nowadays. I bought Minecraft in alpha. I was in on Humble Bundle by #3. Indie games saved my interest in games. And this one has it all. You can get in and out easily. Amazing dev team. Constant updates. 100’s of hours of mindless fun. Great music. Great style. It’s the culmination of the types of games I’ve been enjoying for the last 10 years.

List could change any day of the week but those are all games I would think of quickly enough. Probably should be a 2600 (Frogger), Genesis (Jungle Book) and PSX (NCAA Football) game on there somewhere. But that’ll do for off the top of my head.

5 Likes

This is impossible. I just listed the first 20 games that came to mind that I remember either having “OH MY GOODNESS!” moments and/or that I was addicted to for a while. I would not say they are not all worthy of being the 20 greatest games of all time, technically, but they are 20 games I really enjoyed. I could probably list another 100 I feel equally about.

In alphabetical order…

Advance Wars Dual Strike (DS)
Alan Wake (Xbox 360)
Ape Escape (PS One)
Beyond Good and Evil (Xbox)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Dead Space 2 (PC)
Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
Final Fantasy VIII (PS One)
Ghost of Tsushima (PS4/5)
Heroes of Might and Magic II (PC)
Metal Gear Solid (PS One)
Onimusha: Warlords (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Xbox)
Resident Evil 4 (GameCube)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
SOMA (PC)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Tales of Symphonia (GameCube)
The Lion King (Genesis)
Uncharted 2 (PS3)

6 Likes

Damn it…now I have to use my brain and make a list. Give me a year.

2 Likes
  1. Persona 5 Royal - PS4
  2. Bloodborne - PS4
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - PS4
  4. Metal Gear Solid - PS1
  5. Nier Automata - PS4
  6. Final Fantasy VIII - PS1
  7. Chrono Trigger - SNES
  8. Final Fantasy XIV - PC
  9. Final Fantasy VII - PS1
  10. Yakuza 0 - PS3
  11. Sekiro - PC
  12. Dark Souls 1 - PC
  13. Armored Core - PS1
  14. Hellblade - PC
  15. Onimusha Warlords - PS2
  16. Catherine Classic - PS3
  17. The Witcher 3 - PC
  18. Vanquish - PS3
  19. Bayonetta - PS3
  20. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - PS3

I’m doing the Polekatt style because I like explaining things.

1. Persona 5 Royal - PS4

By far the most interesting game I’ve ever played. It probably has the best turn-based combat of all games ever made. The storyline is a straight up masterpiece and I doubt anything is gonna top it. Maybe Persona 6?

1. Bloodborne - PS4

Easily the best game. The only reason it’s on no.2 and not no.1 is the 30 fps cap. Perfectly captured the lovecraftian theme with a very tight fast combat. I just love the dark bloody enviroment in BB and I would sell my cat that I dont have for a sequel.

1. Ghost of Tsushima - PS5

Beautiful story, visuals, music, characters. There is nothing bad I could say about this game. I’ve finished it in 3 sessions and I’m definitely gonna replay it this year at least once.

1. Metal Gear Solid - PS1

This is the reason why stealth games exist and MGS deserves to be in the top 20 list. Super strong storyline, gameplay that popularized the stealth genre. Who didn’t play it, should play it. It’s straight up awesome.

1. Nier Automata - PS4

Platinum’s best game. One of the best stories ever told with Platinum’s recongizable super smooth combat. Definitely deserved to be in top 5.

1. Final Fantasy VIII - PS1

This game is probably the reason why I love JRPGs so much. Fantastic storyline with a huge world to explore. Square’s masterpiece back in the days.

1. Chrono Trigger - SNES

Read no. 6

1. Final Fantasy XIV - PC

At first I didn’t know what the hell they were doing with the super slow story pacing. Heavensward came out, I was in love in the game. Stormblood came out, it calmed me down and then Shadowbringers came out and I wanted to play the game 24/7. Such a fantastic storyline which might be one of the best JRPG stories Square Enix has ever made. Still haven’t finished Endawalker so I can’t say how everything ended.

1. Final Fantasy VII - PS1

Read no. 6

1. Yakuza - PS3

RGG are masters of story writing. It’s too bad most people won’t give the games a chance because of long cutscenes.

1. Sekiro - PC

A souls game where you can jump and grapple hook. That alone makes it 10/10. Jokes aside, this game had actually a good story and was trying to leave the standard soulsy gameplay design. By far the best gameplay in a souls game. Not even Elden Ring comes close to it.

1. Dark Souls 1 - PC

This game earns a spot here because it’s the first souls game I played and the reason why I absolutely love the genre. Fantastic level design and boss battles is what made me love DS so much.

1. Armored Core - PS1

I love mechs and when I was a little punk, this was the shit. There was nothing cooler for me than to control a gundam and blow shit up. I was so mindblown back then. I still remember the damn music.

1. Hellblade - PC

What an experience. I think I experienced all the feelings while playing the game. From being depressed then angry then happy through I don’t know anymore. Fantastic sound design and really well told story. Thanks Ninja Theory.

1. Onimusha Warlords - PS2

I’d die for a sequel of Onimusha. One of the coolest games. Unfortunately, we won’t be seeing another Onimusha since the sales of Warlods’ remaster were poor.

1. Catherine Classic - PS3

Believe it or not, this is one of the hardest games I’ve ever played. If you want to get your ass beat by a puzzle game, this is the one. Such a fun lovely story that tells you if you cheat on your girl, you should be punished by all means. I own 7 copies of this game.

1. The Witcher 3 - PC

I think everyone knows why this one is on the list. Such a well crafted game.

1. Vanquish - PS3

I love sci-fi, cyborg, hack n slash games. Vanquish is that with guns. Story is nothing mindblowing, still good but not Persona 5 level. However, gameplay in Vanquish is just chef’s kiss

1. Bayonetta - PS3

Bayonetta is the reason why I like black-haired women. Game deserves to be in this list.

1. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - PS3

I blows my mind how this game didn’t receive a sequel or a remaster. The super tight gameplay with a really fun story really makes this game shine. Kojima and Platinum Games…the hell are you doing?

6 Likes

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Titus Burgess GIF by NETFLIX

2 Likes

I edited mine to include descriptions because I wanted to be cool too.

Some great stuff on these lists. Good call on Onimusha you two. My friend and I played through the trilogy on PS2. Makes me want to put it on my list too but I already had other games I associate with him and that time period more so. Like I said, my list would have at least a handful different each day you ask me. I would have an easier time making lists by system or genre.

4 Likes

I’m working on my list I promise. It’s just going to take some time.

3 Likes

20 isn’t enough at all. there were so many games. i had to shuffle and move out so many good games from the list. had to spend and think a lot. i wish i would spend more time thinking about my life the way i thought about these 22 games XD. anyway here are they

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Single Player Only)
  2. God of War 4
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. Devil May Cry 3,4,5 (Not the reboot one)
  5. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
  6. Battlefield 3 (Multiplayer Only)
  7. Destiny 2 (Multiplayer Only)
  8. Assassins Creed Revolutions
  9. Dragon Age Origins
  10. Mass Effect 2
  11. Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning
  12. Fable The Lost Chapters
  13. Resident Evil 4
  14. Divinity 2
  15. Dark Souls 3
  16. Max Payne
  17. The Godfather
  18. Mafia
  19. Alan Wake
  20. IGI
  21. Mafia 2
  22. XCOM Enemy Within
  23. Sleeping Dogs
  24. FFXV

I like the idea how @Polekatt made the list. so i am gonna follow him too :smiley:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Single Player Only)
    The story was way too much for me. better than even movies. the graphics, character
    development, music everything was top notch for me. Also Arthur is my most favorite gaming character.
  2. God of War 4
    A poor guy like me bought a ps4 only for this game and i am glad that i spend so much
    money for this epic masterpiece.
  3. The Witcher 3
    Well who doesn’t love this game. best of the franchise with great graphics, story characters, & amazing music
  4. Devil May Cry 3,4,5
    I would say best H&S game out there for me with okay story and graphics. I still remember i saved money from tiffin so that i could buy DMC3 best of the franchise obviously but i love 4 & 5 too
  5. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    Another great game I grew up playing with. It has a great number of 80’s Music. I think this game was the first open world game I played. That’s why I guess this game has a special Place in my heart :slight_smile:
  6. Battlefield 3 (Multiplayer Only)
    I think this game set the bar way too high for everyone that after that no other bf was this much popular. i would say back in the days this game was one of the Revolutionary game which take the fps multiplayer to the next level. Also i was the founder of a Clan in our country that nobody cared too much. Then me and the bois played this game so much over the years we became the best not just in our country even in whole south Asia. And that clan still is the best clan in our country also the most famous one too (not just in that game anymore in many games). 32vs32 Players from same clan fighting in a big map in a large scale battle that was something amazing guys. i knew everyone who i was killing who i was saving who saved me or who betrayed me… Ahh those were the days guys…:frowning:
  7. Destiny 2
    After the best moment of My Multiplayer gaming Career i would say Destiny 2 is the second one. amazing graphics and gameplay with mind blowing dungeon & raid mechanics. i enjoyed this game a lot with my bois after bf3
  8. Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Assassins Creed is not the same anymore. back in my school/college days during break
    hours we used share our story and moments instead of playing outside it was that kind of epic game. Specially the story. Out of all AC games why this game is my fav? well obviously cause of the story and when i realized how much Altair did for the Creed. I wish kids of these generation would play those games too
  9. Dragon Age Origins
    A Great RPG game with amazing characters/companion and story and a new mechanics of gameplay.
  10. Mass Effect 2
    Another great RPG game where characters/companion mattered. I mean come on who
    doesn’t love ? Find me another game where you love your companion the way you loved Garrus. Also the story was good too.
  11. Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning
    Another great rpg with almost a new type of gameplay and world with amazing colour. thats why i liked that game so much back then
  12. Fable The Lost Chapters
    Another great rpg i played when i was kid. i loved the fact in this game that you can be good & Evil with a normal story (back then it felt good though)
  13. Resident Evil 4
    A proper survival horror game. Also Leon is my 3rd Fav Character after DANTE. only for this game <3
  14. Divinity Original Sin2
    Another great Turned Based RPG game. Really liked the gameplay also the story was good too i suppose. Amazing environment with a great variety of Music. Also more enjoyable with friends specially with the fails.
  15. Dark Souls 3
    Ahhh Finally a Soulborne game XD. Anyway I think i love this game so much for all the
    amazing Boss Fights.
  16. Max Payne
    Another great game I grew up playing with. That bullet time mechanics was something new for that generation so yah I love the gameplay a lot. Also story was Dark too also the environment it was a whole package I would say.
  17. The GodFather
    It wasn’t a famous game but I liked the game a lot that you can control and take over the city one by one. It was something new. But open world wasn’t that great I suppose.
  18. Mafia
    Almost a empty open world but I still feel like this game was a proper open world game cause this game felt like it. i.e you have to follow the traffic rules or else you have to pay fine, you have to fill up your gas tank buy weapons and ammo etc. you get the point I guess
  19. Alan Wake
    A great mysterious story. Yah that’s the main reason this game came to this list I suppose. It was always scary, dark and some great songs from POTF it was amazing for me
  20. IGI
    I think this game was my first FPS game. Checkpoint system saves u need to figure out by yourself what to do. Back then it was something amazing to play. Also this is another game that I grew up playing.
  21. Mafia 2
    I love this game for the same reason as Mafia 1 but I think I loved the story of Mafia 2 more than 1 that’s why its here I suppose. But on few aspect Mafia 1 was way better that’s why Mafia 2 is not on top of Mafia 1.
  22. XCOM Enemy Within
    I played this game last year and I had amazing time playing with it. A proper example of turned based games I suppose.
  23. Sleeping Dogs
    This game Is a hidden gem and quite underrated I would say. But I really loved the gameplay and the story. Graphics was good too I would say. Hand to hand combat was mouth watering :smiley:
  24. FFXV
    Many of you might get surprised why this game is here? Even I cant tell my friends that I love FFXV so much. Its because first 60% of the game is not that fun and felt kinda gayish (no offense to anyone sorry) Also the whole story packed with a short anime and a dlc. So Understand the story properly you have to watch and play the dlc too. So yah if you managed to do all and with some patience if u managed to complete 60% of the game rest of the game might give you an amazing experience. Cause it does get better I would say overwhelming better after a certain period of the game.

Oh and I am sorry I just couldn’t do 20. There was so many games. some even i forgot. So yah that’s about it sorry that was way too long and I hope you guys patience to read through all of that with my broken English. Also if you guys wanna judge me say something about anything u can do that. Also based on my list if you wanna suggest me some game that’s okay too.
Thanks everyone <3
(1400 words holyshit!!!)

5 Likes

Alright so I got the list down to 20, gave it a few days to make sure I wasn’t forgetting anything. Things changed over the days. There is no way I’m going to sort these 20 games in a way where number 1 is actually the best and what not. The order they’re listed is meaningless. This is just a list of games that were influential to me, in my time gaming.

The I don’t care about your life story/ TLDR:

• The consoles next to the game is the console I played it on.
  1. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis)
  2. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
  3. Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)
  4. GTA San Andreas (PS2)
  5. Spyro The Dragon (PS1, PS4)
  6. Diablo 2 (PC)
  7. Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne (PC)
  8. Hitman Blood Money (PS2)
  9. Hitman (2016) [PC]
  10. Final Fantasy X (PS2, PC)
  11. Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
  12. Fallout 3 (PS3, PC)
  13. Dark Souls (PC)
  14. Uncharted 2 (PS3)
  15. Half-Life 2 (Xbox, PC)
  16. Civilization IV (PC)
  17. Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
  18. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC)
  19. Tony Hawk Underground (PS2)
  20. Total War Warhammer 2 (PC)

Now for the long explaining why they’re on the list version:

1. Sonic The Hedgehog 2:
    The Sega Genesis was my introduction to gaming. I didn’t use the console very often back then but
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was easily my favorite game I had. I use to play with my brother where one
    of us would play as tails for the boss battles. Seeing as Tails didn’t lose rings and had infinite lives
    you could play way more aggressive as him.

2. Metal Gear Solid:
    This game might be my number one game ever. This game is what got me into gaming. This game
    made me love stealth and blew my child mind when the guard saw my footprints in the snow and
    started following them. I never owned it back then, I had the demo and my dad rented it multiple
    times while I tried to beat it. He use to play with me and get me past parts I was stuck on. It was a
    father, son bonding game.

3. Gran Turismo 3:
    This game probably has the funniest story tied to it. My parents asked me what I wanted for
    Christmas and I told them GTA 3. What I got at Christmas was Gran Turismo 3 with the GT3 on the
    cover. An easy mistake for someone who doesn’t know much about video games. I remember being
    so sad but pretending to be happy with it. Then I just fell in love with this game. the CarPG classic is
    a game I put so many hours into.

4. GTA San Andreas:
    This was a tough one. I wanted to add this or Vice City. I love the setting and music more in Vice
    City, but this was the more refined game with a lot more to do. I sunk hours into this game just using
    the cheats where everyone was aggressive and everyone had guns.

5. Spyro The Dragon:
    Another tough one. It was either this game or Riptos rage. Though the latter is probably the more
    robust game. This is the one I find myself more Nostalgic for. My game disc was so used out for this
    game that it use to get stuck on loading screens sometimes. With a 100% fail to load rate for the
    final boss. It was a sad day.

6. Diablo 2:
    Though Diablo 1 was the first game I played in this franchise and was a game I played co-op with
    friends in a day when online gaming was rare, especially for a console pleb like myself. It’s
    impossible to put any Diablo game above Diablo 2. This game is an absolute classic, A must play.

7. Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne:
    I bought the battle chest for this game, then spent years of my teenage life playing it. The game
    itself is already worth the price of admission. Then with all the custom games people made. I
    personally played a lot of DOTA as a toxic teenager (Not proud of that). Plus I got into making my
    own custom maps. This game means a lot to me.

8. Hitman Blood Money:
    I played some of the hitman games before blood money. None of them that came before compared
    to this game. It was a true open sandbox with lots of unique and hidden ways of taking out the
    targets. The game felt fair unlike some of the previous games that had enemies that would see
    through a disguise if you hung around or got too close. It made hallways the bane of my existence.

9. Hitman (2016):
    I love this game for pretty much all the same reasons I love Blood money. Hitman Absolution took
    the game in a completely different direction. I was not a fan to say the least. Then this game came
    out and it was like blood money but with better graphics and proper voice acting. I’m still obsessed
    with this trilogy. The amount of content and re-playability is staggering.

10. Final Fantasy X:
    Though I played FF VII, VII, and IX, Final fantasy X is the one I love the most. I don’t know if it was
    just the power of the next console generation that made for a better way to tell the story, but this is
    the one I connected with the most. Even with its cringy voice acting laughing.

Video Games Japan GIF

1. Metal Gear Solid 3:
    The first metal gear solid is on the list for its sentimental value and for the time it came out. MGS3
    is on this list because it’s the best one in the franchise. I have beaten this game on every difficulty
    and have collected most if not all the rare camouflages and guns. I love this game, It will forever
    hold a place in my heart.

2. Fallout 3:
    I never played a fallout game before this one. I remember seeing stuff about it on G4TV and
    thinking it looked stupid. Then I found myself at a EB Games the day it came out, and I bought it
    for whatever reason. I just fell in love with the 1950s vision of the future culture of the game.
    Everything about it had a sort of desolate charm to it. I played it over and over again with different
    spec’d characters.

3. Dark Souls:
    When this game was relevant I remember watching a review where someone said that the game
    was based around the community, and figuring things out together. I’ve always played games with
    a blind first playthrough. I want to know I can beat it on my own merit before looking things up. So I
    avoided this game for a long time. Turns out that reviewer was full of shit because I did beat the
    game all on my lonesome, however looking things up afterwards made the game a lot easier when
    going back to it. Not knowing Holy damage killed skeletons for good was such useful knowledge.

4. Uncharted 2:
    I bought a PS3 near launch. Uncharted 1 was one of the only games I owned. It was a good game,
    but had its flaws. Uncharted 2 even kept some of those flaws but all and all it was a much better
    game. This game filled a void that was created with bad tomb raider games, and a bad Indiana
    jones movie. The girlfriend played through it not too long ago and it was fun just watching her play.

5. Half-Life 2:
    My first ever purchase on steam was the Orange box. It was during a summer sale so it was even
    cheaper than normal. Though TF2 easily takes the cake for most played game out of that bundle.
    Half-life 2 was incredible. Ravenholm in particular was incredible.

6. Civilization IV:
    My introduction to the Civ games. I loved playing the world map with every faction. It was
    complete chaos. The game was ruthless and I had a lot of people die of sickness. It was a true
    struggle and I enjoyed every minute of it.

7. Persona 5 Royal:
    This game took me by complete surprise. I was not expecting it to be as amazing as it was. The
    story was incredibly good. The cast of characters were all unique and lovable. The fact that you
    had downtime to hang out with them and go shopping for supplies was so good. I wish I could
    experience this game for the first time all over again.

8. Red Dead Redemption 2:
    Visually Stunning, amazing story, at times frustrating controls. This game is a complete
    masterpiece. Not many games have brought this grown man to tears but this is one of them. Hadn’t
    cried like that in a video game since my first time beating MGS4.

9. Tony Hawk Underground:
    I was obsessed with the tony hawk games growing up. A lot of people thought pro skater 3 was the
    greatest in the franchise. I thought the rise and fall story of THUG was really good back in the day.
    Plus I dare say it had the best soundtrack of any of the Tony Hawk games.

10. Total War Warhammer 2:
    Never played the first Total war Warhammer game until after this one. Hadn’t played Total war
    since Rome when I played this game. The fantasy element with the total war formula is a complete
    homerun. This game is still super enjoyable and I play it all the time.

7 Likes

Way too long to proof read so Hopefully I didn’t mess it up too badly.

That GTA3/GT3 story is great haha.

bart simpson GIF

Yeah, it was sad in the moment, but it left me with a good story and a great game.

1 Like

It was really hard to pick, but here they are.

1. Scorched Earth (1991.)
  2. Doom (1993.)
  3. Duke Nukem 3D (1996.)
  4. Wing Commander (1990.)
  5. Diablo (1997.)
  6. Giants: Citizen Kabuto (2000.)
  7. Worms World Party (2001.)
  8. Commander Keen (1990.)
  9. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989.)
  10. GTA 3 (2001.)
  11. Diablo 2 (2000.)
  12. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (1999.)
  13. Dune 2 (1992.)
  14. UFO: Enemy Unknown (1994.)
  15. Jagged Alliance (1995.)
  16. Hardwar (1998.)
  17. X-Beyond the Frontier (1999.)
  18. Final Fantasy VII (1997.)
  19. SW: KOTOR (2003.)
  20. Anachronox (2001.)
5 Likes