UPGRADE TIME!!!...(only way to get a 3090)

6600k base 3,5Ghz turbo 3,9Ghz
7700k base 4,2Ghz turbo 4,5Ghz

Oh and of course i lost the lottery so my 6600k cant go beyond 4,1 Ghz OC tried it several times over the years.

Given the base clock on the 7700k is higher than the boost clock on the 6600k, I’d say it’s worth it. Just make sure your cooler is up for it.

1 Like

Don’t want to be THAT guy but maybe you should save ~100 bucks more and get a Ryzen 3xxx with a board instead of giving 120e for a CPU that isn’t that faster than the 6600k. Problem with Intel’s architecture (new and old one) is that they barely change anything but boost the base clocks. Based on the speed of your board, I’m not sure if you’ll see any major performance improvements. Unless you don’t plan on playing any new games. Ryzen 3600 sounds like a reasonable upgrade and it’s barely over 170 euros new.

2 Likes

No i am glad for both opinion. I am juust not sure when and how the pirces will settle in the near future. I can do this upgrade pretty simple and cheap tomorrow or wait, collect some more if i can and try to do a complete mobo+cpu switch for under 300. This is why i asked, what brings more, what can i do in this situation and is it worth it. I would be really happy with a 3600x or 5600x but the prices here are skyrocketing andf this is a straight upgrade, from 4 core to 4c/8t with higher clock speeds and little change. Fcuk 2020. Thanks for all the comments.

Dude my cousin contacted me last night just looking for something gtx 1080ish and I couldn’t belive my eyes. $1200 for a 1080ti on amazon! If she only contacted me sooner, I literally sold my 1080ti for $100 a week before to a friend of mine.

2 Likes

I told someone they could have my 2080ti for free a week ago and they haven’t come to get it yet :man_shrugging:

That’s because it takes a while until I get to you

1 Like

Better start walking.

1 Like

Another update, switched from a zotac card to a diff pny card. The zotac ones didn’t arrive on time. Still not shipped yet though.

1 Like

If anyone decides to sell their old cards cheap… lemme know :wink: im still running on a RX 580 untill I can get some money around April and some luck to grab something Nvidia at MSRP or less depending what I can find.

I did a small upgrade. Got AMD Ryzen 5800x, Samsung Odyssey G7 monitor and Fractal Design ION+ 860W PSU. I couldn’t ugprade the GPU because they are just overpriced and really hard to find. Maybe next year. Until then, I hope RTX 2080 will perform okayish at 1440p.

4 Likes

Why did I think you had a 2070 super. I’m losing my mind

I mean, you did buy a 3090 so…

You think so?

I replied to a diff thread

HOLY CRAP this monitor is insane. 240Hz glides like a butter on…uhhh…something hot. You know, because butter melts when…yeah.

2 Likes

The front fans are the cpu temp(green to yellow to red).

Runs cyberpunk as if it ran as advertised.

4 Likes

I think if I showed you the inside of my case you’d vomit

Rainbow Unicorn?

Remember when I got this pc? While I was talking with the sales rep he said I should wait a couple days until the zotac shipment came in which had lower cost 3090s. So I did. The invoice showed the card as zotac whatever. Just now I went through the process of enabling resizable bar, it turns out I have the PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB XLR8 Gaming REVEL EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition. The relatively expensive ones at the time this thread started. So I got PNY hardware for Zotac prices. Anyway, resizable bar enabled, haven’t tested yet.

2 Likes