UPGRADE TIME!!!...(only way to get a 3090)

This is being built right now. Will be shipped on Friday. In March when they get more 5950xs they’re going to send me one and I’ll be sending back the 5900x.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 5900X

MOBO: ASUS TUF X570-PLUS WIFI GAMING

RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO RGB BLACK 32GB (2x16GB) 3200mhz

Case: Corsair iCUE 4000X

PSU: EVGA 850W G+ POWER SUPPLY 80PLUS GOLD

CPU Cooler: ASUS TUF Gaming LC 120 RGB All-in-one liquid CPU Cooler

Fast ssd: WESTERN DIGITAL SN850 NVMe SSD

Slow/Storage ssd: CRUCIAL P1 NVMe GEN 3

GPU: PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB XLR8 UPRISING EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition

5 Likes

Ah, you had to go boutique? Makes sense these days. I never used PNY cards until the 2080ti and the 3090. Haven’t had a problem with either.

And I am afraid to pull the trigger on the 5600x with the pandemic and all. Nice upgrade that is for sure :smiley:

Well that’s weak…no 5950x.

Read what I wrote.

Me no spek englando. !!Que pasa, hermano no puta 5950x gonzales chickita rita ora wet es pusi!!!

1 Like

By the way,

Same price as your PSU but this one is platinum and 10W stronk

So you might somehow ask them to be less jerks and add that one instead of the EVGA

EVGA under rates their psus. The 850 can handle 1000w or more. I also have a 10 year waranty on the psu. Also even if it fails, I have a 1600w from an older computer just collecting dust if I need it.

And will you ever get it or will the delivery rescheduled every week again?

According to them, Fri/Sat.

I mean this Friday or Saturday. Not the one in 2041.

Feel free to send some of dat dust to me hehe

They’re building the system now. Shipping on friday.

As far as cpu/gpus go, they encouraged me to contact them whenever I upgrade because they will buy back the cpu/gpu and send me the new one for the difference. Then they send the old one to the manufacturer as an “rma” and they get a new one for free. We both benefit. In the case of the 5950x there’s no additional cost to me for it.

Slight update, buddy called me and said he could save me $500 if I switched to a zotac card. So ship date is monday at the earliest.

It’s probably “fixed” by now with the drivers but wasn’t Zotac one of the worst GPUs from the bunch and TUF being the most stable on tests?

Dunno, I’ll know soon. It’ll be easy to swap if it’s a problem, to these guys swaps = free new product to sell. To me = free fix. This guy makes me laugh though, he’s presumed he can call me “Gordy” in emails lol. I’m allowing it. I can’t quite tell if he’s middle eastern or southeast asian though.

Be lucky he’s not a German. Otherwise it would be something like Günther or godforbid Gerhard.

"Hallo Günther,

would zou like ze Zotak grafikkarte für onlee 500 dollaRs less? "

I know it is not my topic but just a quick question: I found an offer to upgrade my 6600k to the 7700k for just under 120 euros (trading in my old cpu). I am limited by my z170a motherboard so this the max i can go without changing my entire setup. Is it worth it? Open world and modern games are killing my cpu and i hate low fps and stuttering because of it.

What’s the diff in clocks?

1 Like