Valve is removing Steam Greenlight this spring!

Ayyy less crap on Steam and more quality gamessss

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-10-valve-is-removing-steam-greenlight-this-spring

Katsuo fuck yes!

1 Like

gord0 In case you haven’t read it. They are implementing Steam Direct. Which is the same as Greenlight but it’s paid. So if a developer wants to put their game on store, they have to pay for it. Which is cool. As long as the price isn’t too low, I’m pretty sure we’ll have at least some decent indie games. Or games from big publishers and developers in general.

1 Like

Katsuo Paying the Steam Direct from Kickstarter money for example.

ButtStallion Not everyone is that nuts to give money to a shit game. Usually the games from Kickstarter have been more or less good. So if they want to earn money to pay the Steam Direct, they have to make a good game. Otherwise they won’t get a penny from anyone and they can’t pay Steam Direct to get their game on store.
What I really want Valve to change is the Early Access bullshit. That thing needs to be stopped.

1 Like

This is what I wanted to say. If a game is good and gets money from ppl they can pay for Steam Direkt.

1 Like

About damn time!

1 Like

Also remember that Humble Bundle is becoming a Publisher too. So there is that avenue for indie’s to get it their game out.

Sgt_T8ie said in Valve is removing Steam Greenlight this spring!:

Also remember that Humble Bundle is becoming a Publisher too. So there is that avenue for indie’s to get it their game out.

I continually ignore humble bundle. May as well be uplay or bing for all I care.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie That’s something I didn’t know. I don’t like it xD

1 Like