What do we think about this monitor?

ShiftySatchmo I don’t know. It looks like any other monitor out there. If I haven’t read the specifications, I would never say it’s a 4k monitor. It just looks too common. I don’t know how to explain xD
I like unique stuff.

ShiftySatchmo

This one is sexyhihi

Katsuo curved screens seem impractical. The 4k monitor is 4k when you sit in front of it and run something in 4k. That’s all that matters haha.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo If you say sooo. I really care about the looks of the hardware to be honest. But, it’s just meeee. It’s a luxury just to have a 4k monitor, even if it looks like potato. So whatever you buy, you’ll be satisfied because 4k duuuh.

1 Like

Katsuo haha yeah I don’t want to spend another few hundred just to have something nobody besides me sees look prettier on the frame XD

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Definitely do a lot of research on the monitor. Always good to find quality control issues via reviews.

teh_g said in What do we think about this monitor?:

ShiftySatchmo Definitely do a lot of research on the monitor. Always good to find quality control issues via reviews.

The consumer reviews on best buy and Amazon are mainly 4 and 5 stars. With a purchase like this I’d probably get a best buy warranty to cover dead pixels and such for a couple of years. A few people had issues like that, but you’ll find that on any monitor.

teh_g also it’s on here as the Amazing budget 4k monitor

ShiftySatchmo The Acer Predator is only $700 more expensive than the one you want XD

1 Like

I think I might save up for this one instead. Has better specs and reviews.

ViewSonic XG2700-4K 27-inch 4K UHD Gaming Monitor with SuperClear IPS panel, HDMI, MHL, DisplayPort and FreeSync Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A0ZRQTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Rp9GxbDC3N1N5

I think it only has 60 hz XD

MeFFFlenn said in What do we think about this monitor?:

I think it only has 60 hz XD

Find me a 4k monitor over 60hz?

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Hmmm about a 1440p screen and use VSR/DSR for that 4k look :wink:

MeFFFlenn VSR doesn’t really do anything haha.

ShiftySatchmo Well on the Team Green it works, but then i also do not need more then 60hz :wink:
But 4k with 120 hz should not be years away too, maybe you should simply wait 1-2 years.

MeFFFlenn like I could run 4k games at 120 fps anyway haha. VSR functions just fine on AMD, but honestly it seems like something to use for testing vs actually making an aesthetic difference. Your pc tricking itself into running at a higher resolution isn’t going to change the actual resolution of your monitor. Awesome marketing though!

1 Like

Anyhoo, the main difference is TN vs IPS. Then there’s the viewsonic just looks cooler, which I know Katsuo says is important. But is all of that worth $150-200 more?

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo it´s Downscale resolution so the picture gets rendered in 2k or 4k, but downscaled onto your native screen resolution = sharper picture (same with every higher resolution) and if you screen is 120/144 hz you get that with the look of 2k or 4k. can´t really see a difference to a genuine 2k or 4k screen. Test it out maybe.

MeFFFlenn It’s Sharper, but the number of pixels did not increase. You can definitely see a difference on a real 4k screen! I think you are kidding yourself.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo you count the pixels on a screen?! XD