What do we think about this monitor?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-ud590-series-28-led-4k-uhd-monitor-black/5484022.p?id=1219133600805&skuId=5484022

UPDATE: I ended up getting this one instead.

ViewSonic XG2700-4K 27-inch 4K UHD Gaming Monitor with SuperClear IPS panel, HDMI, MHL, DisplayPort and FreeSync Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A0ZRQTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gDtHxb5YJSBNC

ShiftySatchmo it looks beautiful xD

1 Like

If you are only going to use one, it looks great.

1 Like

Ub6 yeah one primary and my current 1080 to multitask (watch netflix while I work)

1 Like

Looks good to me man. I got my 1440p monitor coming in today and I’m happy with that. It’s more for GPU testing but will surely get some gaming in on it :smiley: Hoping to upgrae to 4k for personal in a few months and like yourself, got the 1080P for watching movies while working lol

1 Like

Looks more like a link than a monitor. I joke, looks awesome.

2 Likes

I cant afford it lol jk that monitor looks awesome

1 Like

I dislike it.

1 Like

Katsuo said in What do we think about this monitor?:

I dislike it.

Haha any reason?

ShiftySatchmo I dislike it as well,… main reason, it doesn’t sit on my desk :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo I don’t know. It looks like any other monitor out there. If I haven’t read the specifications, I would never say it’s a 4k monitor. It just looks too common. I don’t know how to explain xD
I like unique stuff.

ShiftySatchmo

This one is sexyhihi

Katsuo curved screens seem impractical. The 4k monitor is 4k when you sit in front of it and run something in 4k. That’s all that matters haha.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo If you say sooo. I really care about the looks of the hardware to be honest. But, it’s just meeee. It’s a luxury just to have a 4k monitor, even if it looks like potato. So whatever you buy, you’ll be satisfied because 4k duuuh.

1 Like

Katsuo haha yeah I don’t want to spend another few hundred just to have something nobody besides me sees look prettier on the frame XD

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Definitely do a lot of research on the monitor. Always good to find quality control issues via reviews.

teh_g said in What do we think about this monitor?:

ShiftySatchmo Definitely do a lot of research on the monitor. Always good to find quality control issues via reviews.

The consumer reviews on best buy and Amazon are mainly 4 and 5 stars. With a purchase like this I’d probably get a best buy warranty to cover dead pixels and such for a couple of years. A few people had issues like that, but you’ll find that on any monitor.

teh_g also it’s on here as the Amazing budget 4k monitor

ShiftySatchmo The Acer Predator is only $700 more expensive than the one you want XD

1 Like

I think I might save up for this one instead. Has better specs and reviews.

ViewSonic XG2700-4K 27-inch 4K UHD Gaming Monitor with SuperClear IPS panel, HDMI, MHL, DisplayPort and FreeSync Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A0ZRQTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Rp9GxbDC3N1N5