Which mobile phone?

So it seems me and my partner are due upgrades on our contract phones so we’re shopping around. She has already chosen the Sony Xperia XA which is a great phone by all means but it has two major downers in my opinion which is the 720HD display rather than a 1080 and the poor battery with a 2300mh pack. I’ve been looking at the Motorola Moto G4 but I want to hear some opinions and maybe even consider something else in the same price range so give me what you’ve got. :slight_smile:

Techtu84 said in /404:

So it seems me and my partner are due upgrades on our contract phones so we’re shopping around. She has already chosen the Sony Xperia XA which is a great phone by all means but it has two major downers in my opinion which is the 720HD display rather than a 1080 and the poor battery with a 2300mh pack. I’ve been looking at the Motorola Moto G4 but I want to hear some opinions and maybe even consider something else in the same price range so give me what you’ve got. :slight_smile:

I suggest the samsung galaxy phones. I’m am one of the late adopters. My first smartphone was a galaxy s5 in 2014… I am only on my second smart phone ever (s7)… and the only thing wrong with my s5 was the battery life (and that was after it degraded). Heck I even still use it for dev testing.

gord0 The only Samsung that seems decent in my price range is the S5 Neo but it has an old version of Android and I’d rather have something with Marshmallow on from the start that way I’m likely to get a future update of the OS, I can’t see the Neo getting many further updates?

My Z5 compact is a let down. Not a bad phone, but definitely not what i expected. Go for a Samsung S6 edge or something with 3GB of ram (not 2). Don’t be really bothered by an octacore. My girlfriend has my old Z1 compact and it is still going fine (just like my new one)

I have a Nexus 6P and absolutely love it. I haven’t done much research into newer phones lately. I always end up splurging and getting the latest and greatest.

1 Like

I LOVE my LG G4 (went from the G2 straight to this… my wife and one of my kids have the G3 currently) and have never had an issue with any of them.

I like the innards of the G5 but it’s fugly so I don’t think I will be getting that, maybe a G6 will be out next year and I will upgrade then. If I had to do so today I would get the Samsung S7.

teh_g said in Which mobile phone?:

I always end up splurging and getting the latest and greatest.

I usually do the same, except I will not own an iPhone… I like their computers but hate the phone for some reason.

I got a Lumia 535 which I use for all the personal stuff and a iPhone 6 from work which I normally use only for stuff from work … only exception is Pokemon Go since it isn’t available on WP and I had to check it out too :wink: