Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Some help if you experience hiccups in your games after the update.

So…after last night’s 1+ hour Windows 10 Anniversary update debacle, my son played Overwatch for several hours without any issues. I had also launched Everspace beta, and that ran fine. I am not checking frame rates, but it seemed about normal for my setup.

Clay Clement had commented about some serious FPS issues after the update, and provided a forum link where people are suffering from this W10 Update crisis.

**UPDATE: Visit this link for info on cleaning up after that Windows 10 Anniversary update: betanews.com/2016/08/03/free-up-hard-d

Also, if you are having issues, try this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\ApplicationManagement\AllowGameDVR
Set “value” to 0

Anyone having issues following that update?

I haven’t had any issues. I had the Game DVR shut off in the XBox app though.

1 Like

Nice. I didn’t notice anything either…

1 Like

I’m replying so I’ll get a notification when I’m sober. I’m not sure if I have a prob, haven’t done the update yet. But I’ll be able to find this thread easy if I post at least once.

2 Likes

i had the “freeze” at start issue… simply returned to the previous build. issue solved and waiting for Microsoft to fix the update :wink:

1 Like

I have had zero issues with the update. Actually running better than previous. OS is using less resources to run giving a bit more to the games.

2 Likes