Windows 11

Will be interesting to see how far they back track with all this TPM stuff by the time it is actually released.

1 Like

I tried win 11 in the past couple of days. I havenā€™t done fresh install but instead I just upgraded win 10, because I wanted to know which programs will work and which will not.

After first boot I saw it kept all my programs installed (and working), it remembered my desktop settings, and even tabs that were opened in Edge prior to upgrade.

All drivers remained the same except AMD graphic drivers/Radeon software. It was updated by Windows and it came without streaming and recording options in it. After manual upgrade to last AMD Radeon for win 10, everything worked fine.

In the end I was also interested in how well will rollback to win 10 go? It went fast without errors, and kept everything in order as it was prior to upgrade.

Conclusion: Win 11 is fast, there are some issues that need to be resolved (as expected), but in the end Itā€™s basically windows 10 with overhauled UI and some nice new features ( I love dark mode).

Iā€™ll wait for official release to upgrade.

4 Likes

The real questions are, why do you have tabs open in edge and why arenā€™t you using dark mode in windows 10?

I like Edge and Iā€™m using it.

Iā€™m using dark mode in Win 10 but in win11 it looks prettier. :smiley:

The real question is, why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

2 Likes

Because he stinks. What are these quesitiosnandntirnsn???

Iā€™ve totally been using Edge. It works well and is basically Chrome without the Google crap I donā€™t want.

2 Likes

Me too! Edge is amazing. Iā€™m also using Brave browser because I like money.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll stick with firefox.

1 Like

I want to use Firefox, but I ran into enough issues that I gave up. That and the drama with them letting a bunch of browser devs go.

1 Like

Iā€™m still clinging onto Firefox because I can still do the customization I want. But each major update it has become more cumbersome and I feel like ā€œIā€™m to old for this shitā€ more and more. Use the duckduckgo browser on tablet. Then I have to use Chrome for work but I donā€™t really do regular browsing on it.

I tried to use Firefox but tampermonkey works like crap on it if I ran more than 3 scrips simultaneously. I donā€™t like that.

Iā€™m an opera man myself.

Canadians are weird

#operagx4life

1 Like

I never liked opera for some reason.