Windows is on drugs

It thinks there are updates when there are none.

Are you using the newest anniversary update? I think it is 1903.

It would seem not.

Then there is the problem, new updates are only available on the latest 1903. I had to update it manually as well because the updater never wanted to.

I always just assumed I was getting all the updates. There have been updates at least once a month. Including this month. Updating manually now.

That is Microsoft for you. You are missing 1809 as well, a complete year of updates.

I wish they’d just give back user control. Show me when updates are available (ALL OF THEM) and let me chose which to install and when.

You can do that now. I have the 1903 update and I can choose when to install the update and which. There are tons of other options like pausing the updates, change the active hours to automatically update windows on chosen time etc.

1 Like

Mine was saying something like that a couple weeks ago. I couldn’t figure out what was up with it. Finally going through all the manual stuff, and checking microsofts forums, I found out that there was an ASUS mobo driver of some sort that wasn’t up to date, and it was causing all of Windows not to automatically update. I understood what was going on, after the fact, but figuring out what was causing the problem was a bear. After I manually updated the obscure mobo driver, windows started updating automatically again.

Went away after manual 1903 install. I check for chipset driver updates whenever I update my video card drivers.

I’m not seeing these options, maybe I’ll have to wait for new updates to be available.

Can someone tell me which update is the 18898.0 update? Is it from the Windows Insider or what?

I updated Windows to the latest update and I still can’t install DTS Sound Unbound…

1 Like

My version is 18362.295 and I only skipped the exploding Cortana update. That version makes no sense :smiley:
Is that the Gears of War 6 pc requirements?

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-09-12_09-31-15

But yes it looks like an insider version

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdeveloper/2019/05/24/windows-10-sdk-preview-build-18898-available-now/

That’s stupid. DTS Sound Unbound requires an update from Windows Insider build. That’s stupid as hell. Not gonna install it. Thanks for info.

Try this stuff

I think that’s for the people who already have Dolby or DTS installed. I can’t even install the thing without changing my OS to the Insider build.

HMMM. I haven’t even tried to enable it yet so I will this weekend and let you know if I figure it out without the OS change

1 Like

I enable surround via the steelseries app for my headset. Perhaps, you could do the same assuming you are using a wireless/usb headset?

I have it enabled by default on G Hub. I want the DTS thing.