Winter Anime Season 2017

Hey folks! Hope you are well!

Are you excited about the anime coming out this season? Personally not that much, but there are some I am actually interested in. I was busy this week with making this video, give it a look if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfE6dKEWgdU

However, since I hate just posting a link to videos (whether they are mine or not) and be done with it, let’s create a conversation about this!

Although it’s not included in the video, I am looking forward to have a look at Little Witch Academia, which I have yet to watch. From everything else, the only series that managed to pique my interest are Kuzu no Honkai, a wonderful series that is deep and complicated when it comes to relationships and how things move in the world. I am a sucker for seinen personally.
Other than that, Hand Shakers left an impression with its unique animation, but didn’t leave me in awe overall.
Fuuka has entered my watch list, mostly because of the good music, cause the story is too… cringy? Too cliche? I don’t know, but I have seen the exact story take place so many times before and develop in the same way. The only thing that is new -and really, the saving grace for this anime - is that the protagonists create a music club and the soundtrack, opening and ending themes are FANTASTIC. I hope they do good on this one.

That’s my own take of things for this new season. What are you guys watching? And is that Nazi Loli thing that good? I saw good critics, but I just couldn’t bring myself to watch it.

I’m watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for the second time because I never finished it the first time I started it. I’m an anime nooby I know.

I enjoyed the video never heard of any of the anime’s mentioned lol. Have any recommendations for someone who has only ever watched Attack on Titan, Gurren Lagann, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

1 Like

MyLifeForAiur Thanks for watching first of all! I would imagine you not knowing any of the series, since all of them are new that came out just recently; like two weeks was the first one that came out.

It doesn’t matter if you are new! Anime lovers can start at any point, anywhere! And a piece of advice; don’t worry if the series you are watching are being called “mainstream” and stuff; if it’s good and you enjoy it, that’s that.

Now, about any new series that you might like to watch… From what you have already watched, I assume you like shonen anime: a bit of explanation first. Shonen is a term that is used to indicate a target audience, in this case, teenagers. However, this is not actually the literal translation of those things. Think of it as an indication of genres: Shonen Anime (or Manga) are using things such as friendship, hard work to overcome the odds and rivals as their main points. Although Attack on Titan is more of a Seinen series; that indicated to a young men or older audience.

Shonen wise I have to recommend the usual, because especially if you are new to this new world, you will love and enjoy! One Piece is a great series, but the amount of episodes is staggering. More than 700. You have been warned! Naruto is also a great series and those two are the most popular ones, with great visuals and great battles and most importantly, a more than decent plot and story. Other good shonen anime that you should keep an eye on is Boku no Hero Academia, Sword Art Online, Hunter x Hunter, One Punch Man and Hajime no Ippo. All of which are pretty popular and are essential for any new anime fan (or old for that matter!)

My absolute favorite series that I personally recommend are: Parasyte: The Maxim, Phycho Pass, Overlord, Re Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, Fate series (start with Stay Night and go on with Zero and Unlimited Blade Words, it will be easier that way) Nagi no Asukara, Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi (or commonly known as Erased) and I will stop suggesting series now, since I have said way too many and it can be very daunting!

There are literally hundreds of great series out there, but take your time if you are interested in anime and discover them piece by piece! If you need any good recommendations about a series and/or a specific genre, feel more than free to hit me up about it!

1 Like

Alex Yeah I was going to start One piece but saw how many episodes it was and it quickly became too much of an investment for me. Someone I work with has been reading the One Punch Man Manga. He has nothing but good things to say about it. Maybe I’ll start that after Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

1 Like

MyLifeForAiur If we are talking about manga, I have a few as well to recommend. One Punch Man is fantastic, go for it!

But also watch Parasyte. Trust me.

1 Like

Alex <3 Parasyte. Ajin has a similar vibe to that one.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Judging by the first episode, I think they are actually miles apart! But I will watch them first, haven’t seen the manga, dunno where it goes! An old series similar to Parasyte is Gantz, but I suggest reading the manga instead, it’s pure bliss!

1 Like

Alex seems similar to me. School kid has a weird thing living inside him that pulls him into conflict…oh wait, that’s most anime XD

ShiftySatchmo Ah, my bad, it’s actually a different series. I will have a look at that!

1 Like

Konosuba season 2 had made me happy thus far.

2 Likes

demons6i6x To be honest, I didn’t finish up the first season, which is partly the reason I didn’t mention that series at all.