Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

syncrosis when was the last time you tried? I read that drivers a long while back fixed it

shiftysatchmo 2 months ago when Todd posted about itā€¦ Iā€™ve tried so many things to fix it

artem_zmitrovich Fury X

syncrosis I finished it in November, R9 390X

artem_zmitrovich Glad it worked for you. Def doesnā€™t for me

syncrosis Have you tried this?

ā€œOpen your install directory, and rename WolfNewOrder_x64.exe to WolfNewOrder_x86.exe. Then right-click on it, click Properties, and set it to run as admin. Now launch the game by double-clicking on the executable (not via Steam) - you should still get achievements and cards and such.ā€

If this didnā€™t help, try disabling CatalystAI using RadeonPro, it helped a lot of people.

artem_zmitrovich tried catalyst thing, will try the other, thanks!

buttstallion Soooo goooood

Geez I will seriously unfriend from you guys Katsuo ShiftySatchmo if you donā€™t play all Wolfenstein games ā€¦ must have collection in Steam is:
Wolfenstein: The New Order,
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
and original Return to Castle Wolfenstein ā€¦

First two are pure mindless fun :slight_smile: you can shoot everything with any weapon you can find :slight_smile: ā€¦ last one is little bit different more scary at one point but you will survive :slight_smile: also if you can find Wolfenstein 2009 it is recommended for collection :slight_smile:

In any way story in ā€œWolfenstein: The New Orderā€ is similar to story in Iron Sky movie ā€¦ and to some extent reminds on story in TV show The Man in the High Castle ā€¦ so with mindless fun you will get interesting but totally unusual story about the outcome of WW II ā€¦ now enough talking go play :slight_smile:

BTW will rethink about friendship when i see this in Steam :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

mark2k77 Haha I played The New Order and The Old Blood. I just donā€™t have the games on Steam xD

1 Like

mark2k77 just buy it for us, duh. :wink:

2 Likes

THREAD RESSURECTION!!!

My next game! Some have pointed out the story is crap. No wolfenstein has ever had a good one. Itā€™s just doom with nazis instead of demons. No, Iā€™m not saying itā€™s like doom 2016. Iā€™m saying itā€™s like doom 199X.

Played an hour or two, good so far. Performance is perfect because itā€™s using the same engine as doom 2016. Solid 1440p60 at max settings.

Will post more later.

Oh major asterisk, you need to do this:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/612880/discussions/0/1710690176749978338/

3 Likes

Iā€™ll also note, the graphics are good, but unremarkable in contrast to other games. Another common issue is that cut scenes look pixelated and garbagy in contrast to actual gameplay.

Changed my mind. The level design is such shit that i donā€™t want to even google how to progress. Fuck this game. If you own it and played <2hrs, return it.

You know what, Iā€™ve played more than 2hrs and Iā€™m going to try to return it anyway.

Give it to me, I can play with it. And want. :smiley:

Not possible with digital. Or Iā€™d have sold most of my games already.

I know :stuck_out_tongue: