Yay new PSU and suprize fans too!!

So I brought a PSU from Craig (many of you know him -M.T Mods) (BeQuiet! PowerZone 850w) with a custom cable set! Damn thing might be used and come as the every day standard to him but for me, these are far more, they is my gold! :smiley:

Also to my delight I’ve been able to get some much needed new fans too! ThermalTake Riing 14’s (RGB version) and I decided to wrap a few things in my rig to help with the random colours here and there. Overall things are looking much better and the only noise I hear is coming from my aging HDD’s, they will be next on the list to replace and hopefully they will last till the end of the year when that is likely to happen.

Techtu84 Looks all kinds of pretty to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great! I want costume cables quite badly but even though I have had the money at times I simply don’t know what I should order. I like the ones I have seen from IceModz

Looking quite good. Those cables are awesome, i want them with red and black colours. Just too expensive. :smiley:

Sir_diealot check here

2 Likes

Sir_diealot also you can try DIY custom PSU extensions. It is very simple thing to do; just check pictures you will get idea about price :slight_smile: It is 10 times cheaper than buying extension from store.

Sir_diealot also you can buy whole set 24 Pin + 8 Pin EPS + 2x8 Pin PCI-E for around 80$ directly from USA
Extension cables or full cable sleeved in paracord
here : Ensourced Customs, LLC.
Extension cables or full cable sleeved in MaxCord Cobra
here : PrimoChill
Extensions cables or full cable sleeved in paracord and MDPC-X
here : MAINFrame Customs

IceModz.com is company located on Iceland in EU that is why is expensive to buy things from them if you are located across the pond xD :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mark2K77 Sorry for delay in replying, I have not been feeling well the last few days. DIY is out for me because of my hands, I also can’t solder due to my vision problems, really tried to learn to when I got my Ham radio license because I wanted to build a lot of the kits out there but could never get the iron on the solder or wire even using a lighted magnifying glass, always ended up above, below or scorching my fingers.

As far as ordering goes I simply don’t know what to order, I am not good at this stuff and don’t have the first clue, I love the way it looks but have no clue what to order. None of my friends do anything like this and all think I am foolish for wanting to do it so I have no help at all. I am just lost as what to do. Also when I upgrade my GPU will I have to get other wires? I intend to add this side panel so I want it to look good inside.! Also want to add these access pieces, not sure if I want black or Aluminum and then computer is going to be done once GPU is added and it will have to hold me for 6 years.

0_1490712551179_asus_rog_black_3_fan_grill_ROG_republic_gamers_mnpctech(1).jpg
0_1490712596510_asus_rog_1fan_grill_ROG_republic_gamers_mnpctech.jpg
Oh and this lighting kit that I won.

Sir_diealot First of all no worries about delay :slight_smile: Yeah don’t hate if answer will be long or boring … hard to tell everything in 2 words :slight_smile: and one picture …

Second thing if you are not good in DIY maybe best is to buy custom sleeved extension (But not the entire replacement cable (full length) for PSU). Reasons why buy cable extension rather than full length cable sets is in price tag. Extensions are cheaper for at least 100 $, also no one will look to the other side of case, so important is only side of the case with acrylic window.

Also with cable made according to your wishes, you will be less frustrated with appearance of the final product. In addition to that you will have at least 1 year warranty on the product purchased and guarantee that product works.

• Reasons why not do DIY because the process of making the cable is not an easy and simple especially if you are doing it first time. And on top of that you need to have equipment and tools.

Custom Set of PSU extensions include:
1x24 Pin (or 1x(20+4) Pin) ATX MBO Extension
1x8 Pin (2x4 Pin or 1x4 Pin) EPS / CPU Extension
(1 / 2) x8 Pin or (1/ 2) x(6+2) Pin PCI-E (GPU Power Extension)
*(1 if you have single / 2 if you have 2 GPU)
For that you will need around 60 $ + shipping. In price are included at least 2 cable combs per every extension. You can buy individual cable extension or all of them together.

Potential additional cost are (those are not relevant if they are not visible):

• Custom sleeved SATA Data cable ~ $ 10 apiece
  • Custom sleeved ATX MOLEX 4 PIN Extension ~$ 4 apiece
  • Custom sleeved SATA Power Y Splitter or MOLEX or SATA Male to Female up to 2 HDD/SSD ~ $ 6 apiece
  • Custom sleeved SATA Power cable Male to Female 90 ° or 180° Extension up to 2 HDD/SSD ~ $ 4 apiece
  • Custom sleeved SATA Power cable Male to Female 90 ° or 180° Extension up to 4 HDD/SSD ~ $ 10 apiece

As far as ordering goes I simply don’t know what to order, I am not good at this stuff and don’t have the first clue, I love the way it looks but have no clue what to order. None of my friends do anything like this and all think I am foolish for wanting to do it so I have no help at all. I am just lost as what to do. Also when I upgrade my GPU will I have to get other wires? I intend to add this side panel so I want it to look good inside.! Also want to add these access pieces, not sure if I want black or Aluminum and then computer is going to be done once GPU is added and it will have to hold me for 6 years.
First to answer the question:” Also when I upgrade my GPU will I have to get other wires?”

• That depends on the number of graphics cards in your PC (single GPU or SLI / Crossfire), type of power connectors (8 pin or 6 pin), and what combination of connectors GPU has (Double type (8 pin + 6 pin) / (2x8 pin) / (2x6 pin) or Single type (1x6 pin) / (1x8 pin). If you know now what GPU model you will buy; you can check specification and select extensions according to that. If you don’t know what you will buy best is to select and buy 6+2 pin GPU Power Extension (that one will work with GPU which has 6 pin or 8 pin connector).

*For Motherboard EPS/CPU Connector you do not have to worry, even if you own MBO which has 4 pin EPS/CPU connector you can connect 8 pin extension or 2+4 pin extension. Also same goes for MBO which has 8 pin EPS/CPU you can connect single 4 pin or 2+4 pin connector.

So in short you need 1x8 Pin EPS CPU 1x(6+2) Pin GPU Power and 1x24 PIN MBO ATX Power , and you don’t need to change cable extension if you upgrade your PC parts (GPU and or MBO) in near future.

Now how to order damn thing? Simple first you will need to decide what do you like better Paracord sleeved or MDPC-X braided nylon. And for that take a time and check manufacturer page …

*After that you will need to use Sleeving Color Prototyper or Sleeve Tool if you are selecting single (custom) / multiple color or wire pattern for extension (MDPC-X or Paracord sleeved).

For example here is my prototype design MSI Z170 Gaming M7 MBO.
Colors : Dark Silver (grey) [HEX: #8d8d8d RGB: 141 141 141] Black [HEX: #000000 RGB: 0 0 0] Red [HEX: #FF0000 RGB: 255 0 0]

Or if you will go for paracord with pattern then you will need to draw and describe how exactly you wish that cable extension looks. I suggest that you check this picture or go directly on Manufacturer web site. For start select color or design of extension. Then after you have idea about color and color pattern you can contact manufacturer before buying.

How that extension will look is up to you. Unfortunately I can’t select or design something what you will like, we are all different when it comes to color, design or taste :slight_smile:

for example paracord with a pattern

On the end question is where to buy?
I will suggest:

Paracord only : Ensourced Customs,LLC. (With them I had a pleasant experience) (Web and FB)

this is why …

my extension set:

examples from other customers

High Density Paracord (MaxCord Cobra): PrimoChill (Web and FB)

Paracord & MDPC-X Braided nylon :
MAINFrame Customs (Web and FB)

MDPC-X Braided nylon :

IceModz (Web and FB)

CaylxComputers (FB Only)

Mod One (Web and FB)

If you need custom sleeved SATA /POWER or DATA or MOLEX best to go here:
WinfMOD SATA
WinfMOD MOLEX

WinfMOD All extensions
Store:Shenzhen Kai Shi Jia Electronic Co., Ltd. All extensions

2 Likes

Mark2K77 Thank you for the explanations, I am sure I will have more questions. I have looked at a few paracord and a few nylon and I think I like the nylon more, it seems to have a tighter weave to it and more a more textured look to it, but I have never seen either in person so I may be wrong there.

I am only worried about the windowed side so that does make some of it easier.

I know that I will need some cable combs and the sort but don’t know a lot about that either. I wish I had friends that were into modding close by, it would be a big help.

Edit: By the way I would like just a simple black and red pattern like in the picture I posted above I think.

1 Like