2017-2018 NHL

Detroit vs. Vegas tonight!! Who do I vote for? I love them both.

2 Likes

Kings improve to 4-0-1 :o

Iā€™ve been in the EST for a good 5~ years now, but it still is weird/difficult staying up for a Kings 10:30pm start haha. And theyā€™re home heavy to start, so its been mostly first periods and highlights for me through five games. I like what Iā€™ve seen though. Kopitar and Brown(of all people, had complete written him off a few seasons ago) look rejuvenated thus far. Hope it all holds up!

shiftysatchmo Congratulations.

1 Like

Something is right this season after all in Canuck land.

Still think the other shoe will drop eventually but great fun for these new kids.

1 Like

Kings still winning even with Carter out with a leg laceration from a skate. 8-1-1 ten games in. This Adrian Kempe kid is certainly announcing himself. I absolutely do not enjoy the shootout in any way whatsoever (donā€™t @ me!) but man is this good;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcd-RxNCmAg

Got to actually watch their east coast Canadian trip games since they arenā€™t past my bed time. Kopitar is on a mission this year. Brown remembered how to hit. The kids are doing their thing. Defense is playing better than the last two seasons. And Quick is in a form that I havenā€™t seen since before the back surgery after Cup #1. Iā€™m not gonna count any eggs just yet though. Its been fun so far!

Glad Sharks are getting it together. Four wins in a row bb!

Kings on a 3 game skid, including one to the Sharkies! :angry: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

schlitty muahahhahahahaha

1 Like

Well after losing 7 of 8 games after beating the Ducks in OT, the Kings again beat the Ducks. This time a shootout. Was a fun first period with 3 fights and a tight game otherwise. Hopefully the ship is starting to right. Gaborik is back and looks good *knock on wood. Gotta say, I donā€™t like the new kids on the block in Vegas being on top of the division! Just isnā€™t right.

1 Like

Kings just won their 5th in a row. 4 of em on the road. And finally a couple ā€œsignature winsā€ on the resume after taking out the Blues and Hawks. Even their success before the skid was lacking those type of quality wins. :hockey:

Red wings lost 10-1 on Saturday. Letā€™s just say Iā€™m glad I was always joking to people about being a Golden Knights fan. I was able to dodge all the flak by just being dismissive about the whole thing. Just kept telling people what do I care Iā€™m not a Red Wings fan anymore. In reality though it was a really rough Saturday sitting at home sick watching my phone constantly going off about Montreal scoring.

2 Likes

Bruins vs Sabres tonight must have Sir_diealot yelling at his TV :smiling_face_with_open_mouth_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

shiftysatchmo said in 2017-2018 NHL:

Bruins vs Sabres tonight must have Sir_diealot yelling at his TV :smiling_face_with_open_mouth_closed_eyes:

I have it recorded but have not watched yet, I have been VERY busy this week and have not watched it or many other things because I have been early to bed, early to rise. This just isnā€™t me!

1 Like

All I want for Christmas is the Kings to beat the Sharkies tonight. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

schlitty itā€™ll take a Christmas miracle! GO SHARKS! WOOOOOO!!!

1 Like

Fun game, wrong outcome. :wink: GG Sharkies.

Short Christmas break then the big matchup against those darn pesky Golden Knights that keep hanging around the standingsā€¦ Iā€™m tellinā€™ ya, it just ainā€™t right theyā€™re doing so well! Haha.

1 Like

These gosh dern Golden Knights manā€¦

I both like and dislike the way the expansion has worked for Vegas. On one hand they have a viable product on the ice, and as such make money. On the other hand, it makes me upset that they are doing so dang well after stealing all the talent they have because of the new expansion rules.

On another noteā€¦ my Canucks finally win again, San Jose squeaks one out against Calgary and the Lightning continue to roll along. This spring is going to be an interesting ride.

Oh and even though I am not a huge fan of the new expansion rules, I do understand why they are as they are. $$ And on that note, bring on Seattle.

2 Likes

Them hockey boys are still hockeying, passed the halfway mark of the season.

Kings in absolute freefall. 1-7 slump. Looking listless out there. I may be a spoiled fan but thereā€™s been some wasted seasons with this roster that was clearly good enough for two Cups. Motivation issues without a doubt. Coach Sutter and the GM Lomabrdi getting the axe in the offseason was suppose to change that atmosphere. It hasnā€™t. They get way too comfortable in losing streaks. Almost feel like a big big trade needs to go down just to shake it all up, change the lockerroom dynamic. I dunno, but it isnā€™t fun to watch when they go through the motions during a slump, and theyā€™ve done it a lot the last 5 years.

Game tonight vs Calgary practically feels like its a must win.

This made me chuckle

1 Like