A pipe dream?

I take it back it’s $1799 new everywhere haha. It seems because it has quantum dot lighting and the big one doesn’t.

That makes sense then. QD is super expensive. It’s like OLED but on crack

That’s not what gsync fixes. It fixes stutters from fluctuating framerates but changing the resfresh rate to match the framerate.

Cable type is irrelevant to the ps5 using free sync.

There’s hardly any evidence PS5 will be freesync only. I’d say they’ll use some sort of fucked up version of variable refresh rate tech that will be supported by any TV. They’d been shooting themselves in the ass if they support freesync only. Which exists in like 2 TV brands.

Nvidia won’t let you do gsync with an amd card. They won’t do proprietary. Series x is also doing freesync (might even be in current xboxes).

I’m just going to play it on a TV like a crazy person

There are tvs with adaptive sync now. My friend got a huge one that’s 120hz last christmas. I’d be open to a tv that does all the things I want. Must be >=32" (31.5" is ok).

It finally came back in stock and shipped! It’s fucking awesome!
43"
2160p
144hz
hdr10 at 1000 nit peak brightness
gsync
freesync

Had to rearrange my desk, but I’m finally at proper 4k with all the bells and whistles. I’m also ready for ps5!

Yaaay. Be ready for your eyes to bleed when you find out that the games on PS5 won’t be running 120 fps because 120fps output is a marketing trickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I only care that they’re >=60. And hopefully with no vsync or frame caps so free sync can do it’s thing.