AMD RX 6000 SERIES GPU

Noice! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m so glad. 6800XT is love.

1 Like

I haven’t watched this yet, but I’m not believing anything until the reviewers benchmark it.

1 Like

It’s most likely gonna be as they’ve advertised. Still you won’t be interested because you bought a 2080Ti recentlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Not a review

Stolen from reddit:

Summary of announcements

RDNA2 brings a 50% performance per watt gain over RDNA, featuring an Infinity Cache based on the L3 cache used in AMD’s Zen CPU architecture, it promises 2.7x the bandwidth of regular GDDR6 at 0.9x the power.

AMD also announced Smart Access Memory and RAGE mode, which will further improve performance, if combined with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU.

Radeon RX 6900 XT, available December 8th, MSRP of $999

80 compute units

2015MHz game clock / 2250MHz boost clock

128MB Infinity Cache + 16GB GDDR6

300W TGP

Meant to be as fast as an RTX 3090

Radeon RX 6800 XT, available November 18th, MSRP of $649

72 compute units

2015MHz game clock / 2250MHz boost clock

300W TGP

Meant to be as fast as an RTX 3080

Radeon RX 6800, available November 18th, MSRP of $579

60 compute units

1815MHz game clock / 2105MHz boost clock

250W TGP

Faster than an RTX 2080 Ti

3 Likes

I’ll probably aim for the 6800 XT. $1000 seems aggressive to me.

2 Likes

Me too. If the smart access memory is really a thing, I will definitely go for a AMD 5000 series CPU as well. It has been a while since I bought the Ryzen 2700x and nvidia RTX 2080.

1 Like

Wake me up when they have something like DLSS

1 Like

You sound like a colleague of mine who says DLSS > framerate

DLSS == running at >=4k while only needing the muscle to run at 1440p. If you can’t do it at 1440p>=60, dlss is pointless.

But yeah, if AMD can’t do dlss the same or better than nvida and also do dsr, then they’ve not peaked my interest.

AMD did introduce something like super resolution in their announcement which is supposed to be nearly the same thing as DLSS. There are no more infos about it though.

1 Like

I’d have to see what the reviewers say after benchmarks and other testing.

Me too. I am very optimistic about it. If it’s really true what AMD showed us in the announcement, this is gonna be my first full AMD build since GTribe times. That was like 70 years ago.

2 Likes

I’ll decide on replacing my Vega 64 after benchmarks come out.

1 Like

Are you me?!

I will probably order one anyway. I am hoping that it dumps out less heat than the Vega 64. That thing is like running a space heater in my office.

Which one do you have? I have Asus Rog Strix. Regarding temps I’m in 70 -73 C max. mark, which was big improvement over 290x’s 80-90 C. :smiley:

Pretty sure it’s not the GPU but you. You too damn :fire:

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate they don’t provide more convincing information. Doesn’t matter if it’s intel, amd, or nvida, all their presentations turn out to be mostly horse shit once the reviewers clarify what the hardware can actually do.

Most of the people watching have no idea what they’re talking anyway. They’re just interested in 60 fps, price and if it can beat nvidia.