Best FPS games ever?

I’ll go with Insurgency, Battlefield series, Arma series and Squad XD

Wolfenstein 3D (1992.) :smiley:

2 Likes

The HL franchise!

7 Likes

I will have to go with Bioshock and Battlefield series and Heretic for the Nostalgia

Deus Ex? Half Life? Borderlands 2? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ButtStallion Half life yes other two i never played :confused:

1 Like

yup Half life is my favorite FPS … to be exact all of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kind of unfair competition really, HL1 tops the charts for me. It changed everything, and to experience it “back then” when it happened is just a feeling that has never been replicated in my opinion. I’ve put more hours in other games, and maybe even had more fun with others, but HL1 rocked my world.

Perfect level design, perfect ambiguous storytelling through actual play, no “hand holding” but everything made sense, scale and scope, great gunplay, approachable at either run’n’gun or tactical, just plain fun. All the core mechanics got carried into HL2 but I’m of the very tiny minority that found the expanded characters and story to take away from it. Easily still top 5 material and I’ve probably played it through 20times vs 10times for HL1. But HL1 is the king of the mountain far and away for me.

I’ll give a shoutout to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and it’s expansions. Mindless killcount style game but it was quite the show.

Multiplayer I’d give it to Soldier of Fortune 2. Honorable mention to TFC and early TF2.

Modern is a bit hard for me to pick anything that truly stands out. But the movie-quality production of The New Order impressed me thoroughly. Would’ve been very forgettable otherwise but that cinematic quality and atmosphere was impressive. And MP modern; most definitely Insurgency. Methodical tension at its best.

1 Like

Half-Life 1 and 2, Bioshock, and TF2. Sorry for going so Valve heavy but shit they make good FPS games.

1 Like

schlitty I couldnt agree more bro ! :smiley:

1 Like

Titanfall

1 Like

schlitty said in Best FPS games ever?:

Kind of unfair competition really, HL1 tops the charts for me. It changed everything, and to experience it “back then” when it happened is just a feeling that has never been replicated in my opinion. I’ve put more hours in other games, and maybe even had more fun with others, but HL1 rocked my world.

Perfect level design, perfect ambiguous storytelling through actual play, no “hand holding” but everything made sense, scale and scope, great gunplay, approachable at either run’n’gun or tactical, just plain fun. All the core mechanics got carried into HL2 but I’m of the very tiny minority that found the expanded characters and story to take away from it. Easily still top 5 material and I’ve probably played it through 20times vs 10times for HL1. But HL1 is the king of the mountain far and away for me.

I’ll give a shoutout to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and it’s expansions. Mindless killcount style game but it was quite the show.

Multiplayer I’d give it to Soldier of Fortune 2. Honorable mention to TFC and early TF2.

Modern is a bit hard for me to pick anything that truly stands out. But the movie-quality production of The New Order impressed me thoroughly. Would’ve been very forgettable otherwise but that cinematic quality and atmosphere was impressive. And MP modern; most definitely Insurgency. Methodical tension at its best.

The first one was amazing, but I found myself truly in love with the second one and it’s episodic sequels. Ep2 left us with a major cliffhanger! I don’t care if they make hl3, just give us hl2 ep3 for closure!

1 Like

schlitty have you tried black Mesa? I’m interested in checking it out but haven’t heard anyone else mention it.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in Best FPS games ever?:

schlitty have you tried black Mesa? I’m interested in checking it out but haven’t heard anyone else mention it.

Is that the one still in early access?

gord0 yeah, but it seems pretty close to done and is currently 60% off so I am very tempted haha. I tried playing the original again and for some reason it gave me motion sickness, which is not usually something I get. I love spinny rides!

ShiftySatchmo Waiting it out to see if it gets completed.

gord0 Like I said, I’m one of the very few that didn’t like the added depth of character/stories. I don’t care about Alex or anybody else, I just want more gameplay. Which is why I’d prefer 3. HL2ep2 fell the flatest for me. Shooting spiky balls at striders wasn’t very thrilling. But I fully admit I’m in the minority in thinking HL2 character/stories detracted from things. I still would agree HL2 is more pew pew fun than HL1 though, which is why I’ve played HL2 through so many more times.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in Best FPS games ever?:

gord0 yeah, but it seems pretty close to done and is currently 60% off so I am very tempted haha. I tried playing the original again and for some reason it gave me motion sickness, which is not usually something I get. I love spinny rides!

I’m going to get it… just not until it’s out of beta.

Yo I’m down to suck at some Rocket League again if anyone is interested? Off topic yes but easier to find players in an active topic :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Only0neKnight I don’t think you get how forums work…haha

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo lmfao I do just messing with ya bro