Best XB1 News of the Year

Red Dead Redemption to Become Backward Compatible on Xbox One This Friday http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/05/red-dead-redemption-to-become-backward-compatible-on-xbox-one-this-friday?

Need to get back on the XB1, was loving some Halo but then shit happened and well, haven’t gamed properly in ages!

Always wanted to play Red Dead, guess now is my chance :smiley: Good looking on the news man!

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 the last game I played on it was the new tomb raider. I play rock band 4 on it sometimes and that is it really. I never beat undead nightmare so I’m happy to play it now. Otherwise, I’m just looking forward to the new gears and maybe that recore game.

1 Like

I got it for Halo and that along. I traded a laptop I wasn’t using for one. I also got my Son Fifa 16 as he loves that but yeah, that new Gears should be fun, been ages since I played one, think it was back when Gears 3 came out.

Not XB1 related buttttttttttt Furi is available on Steam. Have you tried it on PS4?

ShiftySatchmo said in /404:

Red Dead Redemption to Become Backward Compatible on Xbox One This Friday Red Dead Redemption to Become Backward Compatible on Xbox One This Friday - IGN?

What’s even better is going forward there won’t be any exclusives. Can play on pc : ]

gord0 Yeah, from what I’ve heard, they may make you use the Windows 10 store and shit, which may not be the best idea. However, if they realise the games on STEAM or similar and can be played from there, good stuff.

2 Likes

LetsGetIt1220 said in Best XB1 News of the Year:

gord0 Yeah, from what I’ve heard, they may make you use the Windows 10 store and shit, which may not be the best idea. However, if they realise the games on STEAM or similar and can be played from there, good stuff.

Valve may take a decent chunk of their sales money… but they’ll still make more money selling their games on steam than the windows store.

Yeah - this. All games available on PC, but only on the Windows Store. Any XB1 “exclusives” that make it to PC will be locked to their store & not on Steam.

1 Like

gord0 said in Best XB1 News of the Year:

Valve may take a decent chunk of their sales money… but they’ll still make more money selling their games on steam than the windows store.

But their thought is a universal platform for games & apps, that’s why it’ll be locked to the Win Store. And you don’t make a monopoly by letting other dealers into your market.

gord0 I dunno, I’d rather get the game for under 50 bucks, and get $10 credit, at launch and be able to sell it back a week later for $30. Yay best buy! I’m OK with the graphical hit to save a bunch of money and still play the games.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I trade my kidney for steam wallets XD

1 Like

ArsonSami said in Best XB1 News of the Year:

ShiftySatchmo I trade my kidney for steam wallets XD

You know, one day someone is going to ask you for that kidney.

I’ve played 3 windows store games so far, they run fine. Phil Spencer has also suggested we’ll see their games on steam again.

gord0 I wonder if the steam digital would require it to run through xbl anyway like how ubisoft games still run Uplay.

ShiftySatchmo They will probably revive that Games for Windows Live thing. You couldn’t run Dark Souls 1 without it back in 2011.

2 Likes

Katsuo that would be so terrible…I also wonder if you have to buy from their store to get the cross buy or if they would allow it through steam. My assumption for using their store is they hate discounting things.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I am offering it XD

ShiftySatchmo Well, GOWL was indeed terrible but I don’t think they’ll make the same mistake twice. I think they’ll deliver the games on Steam just like everyone else. But only in slightly higher price. Like $70 for Gears of War 4 or something like that XD

ShiftySatchmo said in Best XB1 News of the Year:

gord0 I wonder if the steam digital would require it to run through xbl anyway like how ubisoft games still run Uplay.

I don’t see it being a problem. I never even noticed the xbl interface when playing the games, thought the first time I did need to make an xbl account.