Borderlands 3 is happening

Trainsmash said in Borderlands 3 is happening:

To change the tone and get into my happy BL3 space: Who are your favourite characters of all time.

GENERAL KNOXX & Moxxi

Screw YOU Mr Positive! I want to burn it ALLL!

For me General Knoxx was epic & beautifully, scathingly sarcastic.

Tiny Tina was redeemed through her DLC, she became a fleshed out character as opposed to a caricature.

1 Like

Trainsmash Tiny Tina, Butt Stallion, Jack :smiley:

Sgt_T8ie said in Borderlands 3 is happening:

gord0 Nah - just all his shady business from Duke Nukem & Aliens:CM. That he used the resources (i.e. dev time & capital) to generate BL2 or PS instead of following through and producing decent delivery on the games they were tasked with.

As a tech demo, it was interesting. As BL3 hype, which has now become the primary focus, it was next to pointless.

It was a dev talk. Itā€™s not the speakers who chose to upload it to the net, that would be 2k marketing. As an actual dev, I like what theyā€™re doing with unreal and what they had to say. If you wana take it as BL3 hype, go nuts. What good is a studio that doesnā€™t do RnD? I love how people pretend to know the inner workings of studios. Because they see some videos on the net, theyā€™re somehow able to extrapolate why game x was good or bad.

99% of dumb shit in the game industry is the fault of marketing/corporate. Not the people who do the actual work. The developers get a list of tasks and do them, they donā€™t decide whatā€™s on the list. The previous statements only apply to medium to large studios. When you get smaller you actually can blame the devs because theyā€™re also marketing and corporate.

1 Like

gord0 But in this case Iā€™m talking about Pitchford. As you say 99% of the dumb shit is the fault Marketing/Corporate & that right there is Pitchford. I canā€™t extrapolate anything about the game from the demo - only that itā€™s in development & will be using Unreal Engine. Iā€™ve agreed that as a tech demo it was enlightening.

I was being an arse & Iā€™ll stop right now.

Sgt_T8ie really, you donā€™t know how to quit.

1 Like

Trainsmash ā€¦ :baby:

Thread resurrection!

So apparently this is a thing:

Anyone who already has borderlands 2 or handsome jack collection getā€™s this for free. Iā€™m going to check it out after my current game.

1 Like

Already playing it with friends, maybe halfway into it and it is good. A lot of characters from Tales from the Borderlands, new rarity loot, more Buttstallion so everything is the same old good Borderlands. It is free so worth trying it.

Also if yoou want to do some nonsense spamming, watching trailers and get a bl2 or bl3 loot/skin in every second or third month, register

Is it standalone or do you continue with your main save file?

You can continue your existing one or create a new lvl 30 vault hunter. You can start the dlc from a fast travel point, idk when you have the first option to use one if you create a new character.

Thatā€™s shitty. I havenā€™t played in so long I forget the controls, how my gear is best used, most of the story, etc. I may have to do a full replay. : /
If it were standalone it could ease me back in to the controls/mechanics.

My advice is then start a new vault hunter, do the first chapter of the original game. When you reach Sanctuary you can start the dlc with some gear already and you have the option to buy more in the city.

And about the story :smiley:

Well Iā€™m running it at 2880p max settingsā€¦but I have to turn on vsync or it tears. And I donā€™t mean in a way that makes sense. Tearing should only happen when your fps exceeds your refresh rate. At 2880p max settings i was getting 70-90 fps. My monitor is 165hz gsync. Turning on vsync fixes it but itā€™s fake vsync. Vsync should only prevent more frames from happening in a second than your refresh rate. So if I was getting higher than 165fps, it would force the game to only render 165 per secondā€¦ but instead in this game it just caps you to 60fps. This also seems to be independant of the separate frame cap option. Oh well, Iā€™m running it at 2880p60 (1440pDSR) at max settings. Havenā€™t got to sanctuary yet, will post more about the actual DLC later.

Did you install the hd texture pack? Maybe it is a better option than the nvidia dsr but i doubt it, it had massive fps drops with my 1070 at 1080p. Just thinking loudā€¦and iā€™m curious :smiley:

I saw people mention it in steam threads but didnā€™t see it listed in dlcā€¦how does one go about downloading this texture pack?

Alright I downloaded it. Have no idea if itā€™s enabled. No options to turn it on or off.

Got the THC edition for free with Gamepass got all the dlc downloaded including the Pre-Squel and boy playing as Claptrap is funny lol

@gord0 Find the game in the Steam library and right click, properties:

btw finished the last dlc with friends it was really fun, but boy this dlc had one of the worst loot drop ever. 3 bosses and not a single legendary, useless green crap everywhere. Even my only effervescent-quality dropped from a badass during a side quest. Not a good feeling but we could not care less, we finished the game with this dlc, so the loot does not matter.