ButtStallion's finished games in 2019

A couple of my friends gave similar review of the game. I’m waiting for Phoenix Point but I’ll also play this one. :slight_smile:

How long is the game?

I finished it under 16 hours on hard with several reloads and team wipes.
See first entry for more info :stuck_out_tongue:

Mafia 2 - 2019.03.16. - 6/10 - REPLAY

Replayed Mafia 2, because I needed the Steam achievements…and somehow I have the dlcs so I thought what the hell. I still like the game, the first game is forever in my all time top5, sadly Mafia 2 is not even close. It is fun, has some good story and free roaming the city is always great but I feel like something is missing and I never figured it out what. Avarage, but good fun once in a while. Oh and the DLCs are horrible, tried every one and had to quit. +1 point for the Playboy collectables :smiley:

2 Likes

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered - 2019.03.18. - 7/10

This game was suggested to me when it released…in 2005. Well better late then never. I don’t know why it is remastered except maybe a widescreen support but played with it. It was a good and interesting story, kept me interested all the way to the end but damn those fcuking annoying QTE events. Even during cutscenes. Most ivasive and useless implementation of qtes I experienced as a player. If this why they called it “interactive movie” back in that time… Excluding that it is a decent adventure game and recommended for the fan of this genre…but probably I am the last one to finish it.

1 Like

DmC Devil May Cry - 2019.03.25. - 7/10

Everyone is playing Devil May Cry 5 and I noticed I never played the game on Steam. Another short achievement hunting casually. But I have to say this is the best Devil May Cry game. Fantastic visual design, fluid combat, a lot of weapons, hardcore ost, a decent story for a game like this. A casual hack and shash gamer who hated the previous Dante and love this game. Hardcore dmc fans, gather and comment the shit out of me. Yes I mainly thinking about you @Katsuo.

1 Like

Ugh, they lost me so early with the pervy and gross style. Pizza covering his crotch?!

And to make it worse it was Ninja Theory who has made some of my favorite games

Glad you’re thinking about me. I am good looking after all.

As for the game, I loved it too. Fantastic gameplay, amazing visuals and Combichrist. Hell yeah.

Also I noticed. Why in the new game Nero looks exactly like Dante in Dmc? :smiley:

Epistory - Typing Chronicles - 2019.03.27. - 7/10

It was a fantastic way to test my skills on my first mechanic keyboard. Yes it is still not an expensive real cherry but I had little choice because they are not making a lot of mechanical keyboards with hungarian layouts. Still, felt amazing, i love typing on it, totally worth it. Oh and about the game: hard enough to make my fingers hurt after a session. Stunning visuals, good puzzles, easy to get lost. Short but full of stuff. Recommended.

2 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. Still have the key available on my giveaway library thread if someone wants it.

1 Like

Swords and Soldiers HD - 2019.04.09. - 5/10

A very simple 2D tower defense like, side scrolling game. Nothing amazing, just some game to play with one hand while drinking my afternoon coffee. I like to call them coffee games. I need more tower defense games, love them…just not this one.

This is the Police - 2019.04.11. - 6/10

Started very strong, I loved playing it, solving crimes, dispatching units, managing my little police station. But soon it started to get boring, unnecessarily complicated sometimes, explained almost nothing, the story is bare minimum. And it is waaaaay too long. 27 hours in a simple game like this? You need to beat almost a hundred days, doing the same things. It would have been fine with half of this, definitely hurt the overall feel and the final score.

1 Like

Binary Domain - 2019.04.11. - 6,5/10

Surprised how much I enjoyed this game. First the controls were a bit wierd with keyboard and mouse and aim assist off, the sensitivity was never good but I kept playing and did not regret it. The story was engaging, the shooting was fun, the boss fights were tough but fair. Destroying robots never felt so good. You can even talk with your companions and can earn trush which alters the ending. Never expected that. Solid game, recommended.

1 Like

Yup. I was surprised too. Solid game. Voice control is a nice touch.

She Remembered Caterpillars - 2019.04.18. - 6/10

Started as a very simple puzzle game but boy it gave me a hard time. Last month’s HB Montly game She Remembered Caterpillars is one of the hardest puzzle game I played in recent years…or maybe I am just dumb as fcuk but the last 2-3 chapters were sweaty. Glad it finished in 4 hours because I could not handle any more complication in the game mechanics. Try it if you like puzzles and you have a couple of hours.

3 Likes

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - 2019.05.11. - 8/10

Someone just finished Skyrim? Where did you live in the last 10 years? Well, I tried it many times, uninstalled it just as many times and never got hooked. Until I met with the modding page and I said what the hell let’s give it a try. Downloaded some mods, some ui and graphics mods, the inventory manager etc and surprise it worked. I got sucked in and all I did was playing the shit out of it, I even finished every dungeon I could find and all the dlcs and minor side quests, even built some houses. So yes I was surprised how I enjoyed the game and the mods made it possible. So I suggest it with mods.

Total War: WARHAMMER - 2019.05.13. - 7,5/10

My next “coffee game” was Total War Warhammer. This is my last total war game I never finished so it was time. So much change from Rome 2 I needed some time to learn the new strategies, a lot more interesting units, magics, races, campaign events, really loved it, already doing my second and third run with different races in the main campaign. Highly recommended. Is Warhammer 2 even better? Worth buying?

Event[0] - 2019.05.17. - 4,5/10

Well this was disappointing. I hoped for a better game. Very uneventful, very empty, little story. It was fun to talk to the AI…for 10 minutes…because after that you notice how dumb the system is. Not even going to play for the different endings, already watched it on youtube. Play Tacoma instead.

2 Likes

Skyrim: I have still yet to finish it. Every time I go back to it I start over because I don’t remember what I was doing but it’s just too long of a game.

Total war warhammer: I have never played the first one but how I feel about warhammer 2 is how you feel about warhammer 1. Also I’m pretty sure if you own warhammer 1 it brings the warhammer 1 map over to warhammer 2.

Event[0]: I have also played this game. At first I thought it was really cool. Then the weakness of the A.I kicks in and it starts to fall apart. Also I got confused during the part when you go outside into space. Then I didn’t know what to do so I ended up just walking around aimlessly.

1 Like

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 2019.05.23. - 7/10

Very disapppointed in Wolfenstein 2. I hoped so much more, they only needed to add more game time to the previous games not make it a Telltale cinematic borefest. Finished in 12 hours, in which the actual shooting was around 4-5 hours, several hours of cinematics, lost at HQ, doing some fetch quests at HQ, revisiting the same areas to kill more commanders, revisiting the same areas again to find some stuff aaaand it is over. Feels like a CoD campaign and i don’t like that one bit. Give more time to shoot and forget those horribly written and totally not funny cinematics.

Pros: Same brutal, quick, satisfying action, gunplay and difficulty. Killing nazi robots is still the best way to enjoy some home alone time.

Cons: Short campaign, buggy sounds, massive fps drops in certain maps, too many stealth sections, too many unskippable sequences, repeating areas to complete the side quests.

1 Like