CONTROL

This is my next game. Well, next to Sekiro of course.

The game is super weird and has a lil bit of Alan Wake vibe to it. So far I like everything about it.

5 Likes

Your back! I thought maybe you got corona’d. This game is on my list, tell me when spoilers are coming and I’ll mute the thread.

1 Like

SPOILERS!!!

The main character has red hair.

2 Likes

Also, I haven’t been corona’d. I’m working a bit more than usual so that’s why I haven’t had the time to write here.

4 Likes

Good to hear.

1 Like

2 hours in and I have no clue what this game is about. But it’s super fun so I’ll keep playing.

3 Likes

This game is also on my list! But just making it a point to finish Red Dead 2 first, and probably some others

2 Likes

I’m still not sure if I should get rdr2. It’s super cheap on ps4…

I’m still salty how boring it was the first 10 hours when I played it on my gfs console.

1 Like

I returned it. Launcher broken. Gonna try again in year.

The story “quality” compared to the one in Judgment is very poor. Still good enough to finish it to the end. I like everything else in the game. There is nothing more satisfying than taking a nice chunk of concrete and yeet it 300 feet on someone’s face.

1 Like

Finished Control. Good game with a crap story. Don’t expect some likeable characters, deep storyline or something similar. It’s basically good guys against bad guys. That and the soundtrack are the cons of the game. Gameplay is pretty fun. It made me finish the game to the point of obtaining almost all trophies. Will probably hunt around more to get the platinum. I liked the guns in the game and how you can float around. It’s pretty cool. I’m also liking the levels. They’re minimalistic but creative. It feels alive when you interact with certain objects. I like it.
Visually it looks really good. I played it on PS4 Pro so I’m pretty sure it looks much better on PC.

I got it for around 25 euros so I’m gonna say, it’s pretty much worth it. I don’t think I would ever buy it full price. Try it out.

1 Like

…and this is my next game! Running it at 1440p>60 (usually 70-80) at max settings (except rtx set to medium). Going 4k with or without rtx dips below 60fps and this game handles it’s own dsr so I can’t pick any of the resolutions inbetween 1440p and 2160p. It does have dlss but it will only upscale to your native res for some reason. So when I turn it on it tries to upscale from some res below 1080p up to 1440p. Which looks like ass in contrast to native. So I turned it off. If it would dlss up from 1440p to 4k and allow dsr to bring it back down to 1440p it would be golden.

Anyway, the gameplay seems fun so far…I dislike the overuse of video cut scenes though. Will post more later!

You dont use dlss for anything below 4k. Go 4k and play it with DLSS. Turn off AA or any other junk if it isn’t turned off by default.

Like I said, turning dlss on in this game only lets you upscale to your monitor’s native res. So pointless for me…and pointless for the feature.

Oh, and I turned off rtx entirely now, one of the scenes shot me down into the 40s.

The thing that gets on my nerves about this game is the long loading screen. And the fact that you have to sit through that screen after you die, to get back to the main menu.

Game itself is fun though.

nvme ssd. No long loads.

That dlss issue might be solved, will find out for sure soon.

I still don’t get it. You don’t have a 4k display?