Darksiders 3 Leaked

Thread resurrection! This is my next game. So far it feels like a poor man’s devil may cry/bayonetta. The first two were more like dark zelda. That said, it’s actually not bad so far.

In linux the sound didn’t work so I rebooted to Windows. Running at max settings at 2880p>80fps(dsr 1440p). Modified .ini to remove 60fps cap. Some cut scenes are capped at 30fps, which is baffling given the primitive art style. There’s no need for video cut scenes and yet they are there…

Will post more later!

1 Like

I think I figured out why some people call it “souls like”. You gather soles from your enemies and use them as currency. When you die you drop all your souls but can get them back if you go back to where you died. Other than that it’s not stupid hard and doesn’t have shit controls.

1 Like

First one was the same using souls for currency.

I think it’s the dropping of the souls and being able to go back for them that is similar to dark souls, but nothing else about the game reminds me of dark souls.

That said, so far the game is pretty alright. It’s not the same type of game as the previous, but if you don’t expect it to be, it doesn’t seem to disappoint. So far.

I will get it eventually, heard some bad about it but have also been told it is more like the first than the second which makes it worth trying as I hated the second with a passion and wish it had never been made.

Some day I may pick this up. The description of it sounds awesome.

I never played 1 and 2 as well.

Playing the first two does add to liking the third.

I am playing 2 now. I figured I’d start there. I’ve been in a mood for a hack n’ slash style game.

3 is conveniently on the Origin Access as well.

1 Like

Just beat it… well about 5 hours ago I did just before I fell asleep watching vids lol

It’s decent, I recommend it if you’ve played the previous games but don’t expect this one to be anywhere near as RPGish.

It also might be a good idea to play a bunch of other games in between the previous games and this one to soften the blow. It’s been so long since I played DSII that I barely remember it’s plot.

2 Likes