Dishonored 2

I can’t wait the Friday to go the shop for my copy and play all day :smiley: No school, game time :smiley:

https://youtu.be/7bLNC8VDTlQ

I have watched nothing on it, I want it all to be a surprise!

3 Likes

I hope they will patch it up soon

Dishonored 2 PC Benchmarks Reveal Trouble For GPUs Not High End

ButtStallion So I can’t play this game. LOL amazing

Finally here, at home, with Dishonored 2. Let’s see if they can patch it up quickly :smiley:
1 thing I want to mention which annoys me. They gave me a Steam code for Dishonored 2…And a second code for the The Imperial Assassin’s Pack AND the Dishonored 1 Definitive Edition COMBINED. So if I have the first game and only want to activate the dlc, fcuk me. You can’t give away the DDE, only with the preorder dlc and bonuses. WTF?
And I only knew this, because I activated both code. There was no writing about this combined code nowhere. So my plan to give somebody the first game is destroyed, thanks Bethesda.

I don’t know what you’re running but on my i5-6600k and GTX 970 I’ve experienced pretty much no real issues (save for a torso that kept writing after it died.)

tat2teel I have the same rig :smiley:

Massive FPS drops and lagging mouse…

After a WEEK, they managed to patch something in Dishonored 2. A full week and they published a betapatch which fixes these problems:

• Mouse improvements, including a fix for sensitivity being framerate dependent
  • Fixes an AMD cloth physics issue, which impacts framerates at various points in the game
  • Fixes an issue affecting CPU task priority - the game no longer switches CPU task priority

This took SEVEN DAYS. I can’t wait how much time do they need to fix the random and massive fps drops :smiley:

UPDATE: And all this 3 fixes is included in a 6,4 GB patch :smiley:

ButtStallion said in Dishonored 2:

After a WEEK, they managed to patch something in Dishonored 2. A full week and they published a betapatch which fixes these problems:

• Mouse improvements, including a fix for sensitivity being framerate dependent
  • Fixes an AMD cloth physics issue, which impacts framerates at various points in the game
  • Fixes an issue affecting CPU task priority - the game no longer switches CPU task priority

This took SEVEN DAYS. I can’t wait how much time do they need to fix the random and massive fps drops :smiley:

UPDATE: And all this 3 fixes is included in a 6,4 GB patch :smiley:

I apologize for the following Rant (TL:DR They fucked this up. Properly fucked it up. )

paraphrased quotes from the developer:

GTX 1070 based system: “that should be able to run 1080p 60FPS at LOW settings”

“Ultra settings will always need a high end GPU” - doesn’t state frame rate or resolution, so that could mean 1080p Ultra for all we know.

I’m seeing a tonne of support saying yes a GTX1080 is what should be needed for Ultra. My answer is NO, this game did not get developed only since the release of Pascal. A GTX 980 (Ti) or Fury (X) should be able to run Ultra, I don’t expect 4K 60FPS Ultra, but 1080p 60fps Ultra on the two highest GPU tiers in the previous generation should be expected, if not 1440 60fps & 1080 144Hz. Why do people make excuses for shitty products? This is why the writing was on the wall when Bethesda dropped pre-release review copies.

I say again They fucked this up for everyone. Fuck 2016 & Fuck Developers who can’t be bothered coding for reasonable hardware.

When EA has the best Day 1 optimisation you know that something is rotten.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie I was about to say the same thing about EA. Literally one of the worst gaming companies have their games released this year fully optimized for every fucking system AND they added support for the next consoles. Not to mention that Titanfall 2 had only 8MB of day 1 patch and the season pass is out from that game. Literally every potato PC can run their games on whatever settings and have a decent framerate. What’s even better, they said not so long ago that they focused on PC gaming more than on console gaming with BF1 and TF2. Which is of course another plus.
What Bethesda and Arkane Studios did is just junk. Dishonored 2 came out too early, unoptimized and broken.

I’ll just blame the ones who are pushing the console market. Ever since they’ve gotten strong in the gaming industry, PC gaming went shit. It’s almost like the devs and publishers don’t give a crap about PC users.

I’m glad at least the Japanese developers and publishers are somewhat sane and know how to make a game work both on PC and consoles. Hell, Square Enix apologized for a freaking bug in their latest demo for FF15 and patched it out immediately. The bug was basically a pink water instead of watery water. THEY APOLOGIZED.

1 Like

Katsuo Arkane have said that it is their fault, but have also hinted that they don’t believe they will be able to remedy it.

I should have a copy coming my way, but I considering getting in touch with the person who promised me it to get something else. I want to play it, but I don’t believe Arkane & Bethesda deserve the sale.

Sgt_T8ie Well, they can’t blame the publisher who publish their games, can they? XD
I’d rather see if the game is fixed. I hope ButtStallion will give us more info on how his game works now after the patch. If it’s still working like garbage, then pick up other game instead of Dishonored.

1 Like

Plays perfectly well for me, no problems at all.

3 Likes

Sgt_T8ie My ten months old GTX 970 cried when I started the game on medium settings to play 1080p, but never consistent 60 fps :smiley:

I think the problem is the port again. You can see, it starts with the mouse sensitivity bug. A usual consol port mistake. No mayor issue with the consol versions on ps4 or xbox1. Fcuk the new gen gpus. YOu only gain about 5 fps if you switch the settings from ultra to low. Pathetic. But I say all this before I tried out the patch. Be right back with new informations. :smiley:

UPDATE: So far so good. They fixed the mouse lagging and sensitivity problem. Maybe less fps drops as I noticed. But still playing with medium settings on a 970 to get 1080p60fps.

Now this is just made me very angry. After a 3 hour map (found almost everything) game said I killed 2 people. Unless clockwork soldiers counts, this is a huge mistake. I don’t even know how and where during the 3 hour, so I am just fcuked. Well, maybe in the next playthrough…

2 Likes

ButtStallion same happened to me in “The Good DR.” I reloaded and ran it again, no issues that time.

tat2teel The clockwork mansion is simply too long and hard to restart it right after I finally finished it :smiley:

1 Like