Driving Game Clips.

Please send that guide and an extra question. Do I change settings in Logitech Software or in F1 2012, the wheel felt toooooo light.

Trainsmash Sweet! Glad you found a deal. I love my G27, and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll love yours too!

Yeah, Iā€™ll send my long guide for the fix for sure (beware it is long haha, but worth it), cause usually when it happens once it will happen again. Gets annoying having to install the driver over and over.

As far as F1 2012 goes; Iā€™ve never played that one so I canā€™t speak to it exactly but some games just donā€™t have good FFB. Most games will have in-game settings that work best. But some will also have recommended Logitech Profiler settings to go with the in-game too. Its usually redundant in-game and in Profiler, but itā€™ll come down to what your preferences end up over time. You will become quite familiar with the Profiler and game settings and all their weird terms as you learn more and more of what you prefer and like. Iā€™d check the Steam guides/forums, Racedepartment.com forums, YouTube, or plain ol Google for any game youā€™re trying. The G27 was the most common wheel for awhile, people will have setups. I relied on stuff like that before I started learning all the terms and settings. Now I can almost almost figure out how to setup a game out of the box myself. But thereā€™s always ideas and help out there.

For what itā€™s worth I keep my Global Device Settings like this. Its just a bare bones base setup that has that box checked to allow game to adjust settings. Then you make your profiles for specific games if its needed;

I did a short search on F1 2012 just now and it does seem like a finicky one to figure out. Youā€™re definitely not alone. But people have very varying opinions. I would definitely play with the in-game F1 2012 settings first before trying to make changes in the Profiler. Though the Centering Spring Strength setting in the Profiler is a way to add wheel ā€œweightā€ quick and painlessly. Iā€™m fairly familiar with the Codemaster settings in games though, so if you want any specifics on any settings like ā€œSteering Linearityā€ or whatever and what the concept behind them is just let me know.

A wheel is an adventure. Youā€™ll hit low moments where it seems more trouble than itā€™s worth because information is spread wide and thin around the web. But the reward is always worth it. :smiley:

Edit: Random useful pic I used to printed out in my early days with the wheel. Button map!

1 Like

Private chat says my message is ā€œtoo longā€ haha. I guess I should have it in the open anyway in case someone stumbles upon this thread in 5years with the same problem. Hereā€™s a pastebin of it; G27 being recognized as Driving Force Fix :race_car:

1 Like

Been assaulting the Automobilista Time Trail of the Week. Car is more or less a 7gear F1 from a handful of years back and its the Montreal GP with DRS. Happened to hit record at the right time and catch one of my better laps;

I put up a 1:13.5 after this. Fastest dude is 1:11 flat. But this has been the best Iā€™ve performed. Iā€™m usually like 10seconds off the pace with these time trails.

1 Like

Now for something different:

https://youtu.be/4EijziE8g4E

1 Like

All MeFFFlenn 's Dirt 4 clips reminded me of this thread.

These are the last two weeks ā€œTime Trial of the Weekā€ for Automobilista. Just happened to catch good lap times while recording on both. Usually recording is bad luck for me and I crash! Haha.

First up, Super Trucks at Mendig (semi-fictional track based on a German airport in Mendig)

And this week was the newly released Formula Ultimate (2017 spec F1 car) at the newly released Hockenheimring. Lots of sloppy corners, especially the hairpin. Also almost blew up the engine dumping a gear the way I did towards the end. BUT! Still my best time so far this week so Iā€™ll take it.

1 Like

I have finished GR:Wildlands and need to get into Project Cars.
MeFFFlenn DIRT4 vs DIRT Rally. Still as good a sim in terms of difficulty?

1 Like

Trainsmash I would say better, because more realistic. Cars donĀ“t understeer that much and you got 10-15% more grip. So now they feel like actual race cars. Visuals i prefer Dirt Rally, but Dirt 4 is superior in the metagame with team and sponsor and car managment etcā€¦ Also the stages can be up to 15km long wich feels longer then Pikes Peak complete. Random Track Generator ā€¦ so yeah Dirt 4 is the way to go, if you want more Dirt Rally, but a more refined one. Ai isnĀ“t as hardcore anymore on easy, but still is on hard. You can make it as easy or as hard as you want it to be.

schlitty Trainsmash here an example. in Dirt Rally it was near uncontrolable, now it is, but it is still a handful :wink:
And Spain is alot fun too

3 Likes

schlitty Nice lap of Hockenheim.

1 Like

MeFFFlenn Seems like the speed felt so much slower than DR. More manageable for me though. I will look into it.

1 Like

Total drunk drive after 2 bottles of wine. Gold time. I think I am pretty good when I cant see :smiley: But I would not use this tyre next time, killed it. (F1 2013)

3 Likes

The following 19 seconds might hurt you alotā€¦ but XD

3 Likes

MeFFFlenn Hard to watch :smiley:

1 Like

MeFFFlenn Rather rare error and it did not hurt watching

1 Like

Trainsmash But you have now seen the Dirt 4 Killcam, wich is somewhat different from the Dirt Rally Killcam :wink:

1 Like

MeFFFlenn Probably my biggest criticism of DirtRally, was the point of impact. This gives you many angles to review your shame.

1 Like

So back to driving games. Still having teething issue with G27 and AI set to hard. Conditions certainly did not help while learning how to use a wheel.

1 Like

Wheel sorted and two proper editions to the thread.

3 Likes

F1 2020 gifted generously by Buttstallion. All I can say if you do watch the vids. Tons and tons of rust due to not playing games for a long time.

3 Likes