Driving Game Clips.

I wish they had more camera settings to adjust the cockpit camera around and for it to “look into” corners with your steering inputs. That kind of stuff is what makes sims so much better from cockpit and why most people use the t-pod camera view on F1. It’s the only way to see the corners better. I’ll be switching to it if I do a career but I just had to dive all the way in for the first spin. Ive been without my wheel for too long! Got a handful of games to catch back up on.

1 Like

Tried out VR on Automobilista 2 for the first time. They had a new update recently that focused on forcefeedback/controls and I finally am enjoying it. Figured I needed to try VR. Few (bad) laps around Spa with the games equivalent of a modern F1 car.

2 Likes

I like the immersion and looking into the apex. Be interesting to see myself when it I loose concentration. The first looed like it was a massive adjust in perception for you? Lap 2 & 3 you looked on it and into a rhythm. Must have been fun. The car looks easy to throw off the road too. NIce vid.

2 Likes

Yeah, I only have a few hours of VR driving under my belt but I’m starting to find my groove some. I dialed it back to some slower cars my last few tries. Karts, Brazilian F3, etc. It’s pretty amazing once you get used to it. Unfortunately Automobilista 2 is hit or miss with the AI from car to car and track to track. Like each karting track I’ve tried so far the AI ends up in the grass too easily. Plus trying to find the right AI difficulty level for my low skills. So I haven’t had a super exciting race yet. But it is definitely fun to race in VR. An extra thing to have to set up of course… Haha, but fun.

Edit: the perspective IN the headset I would say isn’t as “stretched” as it looks in the capture. Everything is definitely a lot closer and just has a ‘presence’ which is what makes VR neat. It’s deifnitely interesting teaching yourself to turn your head like you’re actually in a car to see the corners. I definitely have a tendency/urge to want to lean forward to ‘look’ at things. Maybe it’s my old eyes lol. But once I lean back and ‘pretend’ a little more about being in a race car, it starts to work better.

1 Like