Epic Store and all about it

I may just rebuy it too. I only did one playthrough.

So I bought a game or two on Epic Store. I’m unholy or something. OMG

1 Like

The depths of hell await you… :stuck_out_tongue:

…and me. :laughing:

1 Like

and here I thought we were friends.

2 Likes

You just can’t resist Beyond Two Souls and Detroit for that price, man.

2 Likes

Detroit is a great game!

1 Like

Holy cheese! Hades is actually pretty damn good. Bought it on Epic Store of course for 7 euros. Highly recommended!

Thanks @PeaceLeon for recommending the game. It’s fucking addicting.

I done it, finished my first run :slight_smile:
Was a long time ago I had so much fun to play a game.

2 Likes

tRASH

For Honor and Alan Wake free on Epic

3 Likes
3 Likes

We don’t really have a Fortnite section here but I have to post it here. This is such a cool thing. Basically, Epic decided to make a new map. So what they did is shut the server down in the coolest way possible. Old world has been sucked into a black hole. Switch to the beginning to see how it all happened.

Something like this happened when FFXIV servers shut down in order for them to bring out FFXIV what it is today. A realm reborn.

1 Like

Wow is this game still a thing? :smiley:

I never played it. But I remember being barely interested in Fortnite back when they were showing the demo of it as some weird co-op tower defense building game. Insane what they were able to make out of that beginning. And the fact it is still popular enough to crash Twitch from people trying to watch a screensaver is nuts. They certainly know how to hook an audience and put on a show they like. But perhaps the most impressive thing of all; they taught an entire generation of white kids how to dance. :man_dancing:

1 Like

That a joke? It’s funny!

1 Like

True. The building tower defense game mode is still there. Unfortuntely they barely update that version of the game. They do plan to make that mode free to play and update it more frequently.

I play this game unfortunately. Everyone is playing it so I have to join because well…every friend of mine is playing it. That or FIFA 20.

1 Like

Zzzz don’t care fortnight exists.

Well I personally really like Fortnite. All you hata’s can go play whatever it is you play, that I don’t like hahah :smiley:

Seriously its like most games. Either you love/like it, or hate it.

Personally, I think its pretty fun, and like it or hate it, if you pay attention to what Epic is doing, and are a long time gamer, you can’t discount the fact that they are truly very innovative. Seriously. If you are a gamer and say they aren’t doing amazing things for gaming, then you aren’t paying attention. The last three events, while not everyone’s cup o’ tea, have been pretty amazing jobs of programming/innovation. And like @Katsuo said, this latest event yesterday, telling everyone the end is near, and this is the end, then doing it this way, and then shutting it down, not only the game, but the social media, the websites, everything…genius. well played Epic, well played.

As for the game itself- I honestly think people don’t realize how much stuff this game has. I think they only see the Battle Royale part, and they think its pretty much like any BR genre that they hear about and assume thats it.

I play a lot on the Save the World (tower/defense side). It can be a grind and it is not updated as much as I like, but its enough for me. I’m nowhere near the end of the content, so there is plenty of that left. What does it for me is that the story and the voice acting are simply GREAT. If you follow the story and actually play the game for that, it is hilarious and will keep you laughing your head of constantly.

As far as the Battle Royale side, I play that about half the time, but I have a lot of fun with it, when I play it. I DON"T PLAY LAST MAN STANDING VERSION. LOL I put that in caps, because I honestly think when people see BR, and Fortnite, they don’t get that there is way more to it than that.

I play whats called Large Team Rumble. 20 vs 20 team based, and you continue to respawn, you just play until one team gets 100 kills. It is way more fun to play this way. Its a lot like Quake Red vs. Blue, or the old Unreal Tournament, or things like that, where you just keep respawning and trying to win by getting the most kills.

Many people say they don’t like Fortnite because they don’t like logging into a game and playing for 10-15 minutes and then getting sniped by some kid. Well guess what, I don’t either. Try something like team mode where you respawn and rack up kills and you might actually like it. LOL

Sorry, but I just see a ton of people who used to play Unreal Tournament and Red vs. Blue say they don’t like Fortnite, and I’m like you don’t realize you can play those modes.

But then you add in the quest system. Oh my goodness, thats one of the things that keeps me playing LTE mode on the BR side.
They have such a robust quest system now, where you can log in, and try to do those quests and that alone is fun, they all the time come up with neat things to try to do.

Then, you have the Creative Side. Thats the third part of it, the part I don’t play. But I see things that people have created, and its pretty amazing, for those that like the minecraft/building sort of games.

So all that said, as much as I enjoy the game, remember this-
-I don’t build. I hate building. I cannot and do not build anything other than stairs to get up the side of hills, and occasional quest related buildings.
-I have never paid a cent of real money for this game. I have tons of skins and variations to play with, all gotten in game, for free, just by playing.

Sorry for the long post, but I honestly think more people would enjoy this game if they actually realized the solo Battle Royale part of it is only a small part of what it offers.

1 Like

I’m also playing team rumble mode and the force zone or whatever it’s called mode. Those are fun. I’m probably gonna start save the world again. I kind of miss playing that. The voice acting is really freaking good there.

1 Like

Probly should make a fortnight thread.