Half-Life Alyx

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

The mayhem begins

1 Like
2 Likes

Maybe in 5 years it wonā€™t be jank lol.

A buddy got it for me for a Christmas gift. Gotta say, itā€™s pretty rad. Even on my cheap headset. Everything feels smooth and ā€œrightā€. No clue why I ever waited this long in the first place.

Though I did have to do a MacGyver job on my headset. The WMR headsets flip up so you can quickly do things in the real world. Well the hinges are shit plastic and mine finally started getting loose. Guess I never noticed while playing seated racing sims since I donā€™t have to snap my head around to shoot zombies in those. But a dremelā€™ing, shoelace, and drawstring spring lock thingy later and I had a second strap to supplement the main headband. And it keeps the thing more snug than when the hinge was working in the first place!

2 Likes
1 Like

Something interesting

2 Likes

Started this up again from the beginning with my new GPU. With everything turned up Iā€™m noticing so many more details and items I missed the first time around. Pretty neat. Have more physical real world space to work with this time too. I actually never finished it the first time :shushing_face:, so I still got some completely new stuff to experience too.

2 Likes

I bought this the day it came out and have yet to even play it. Iā€™m just too lazy to set the VR back up. So much clutter is in the way of my old play space.

1 Like

I finally started Half-life Alyx this week. Itā€™s a lot of fun. I have an HTC Vive but I bought this game and the valve controllers specifically for it. Itā€™s a lot of fun. Easily one of the coolest VR experiences Iā€™ve played.

Is it a lot of fun?

1 Like

Yes

Itā€™s a lot of fun.

It kind of stresses me out though so I donā€™t play it that much hahaha. Also my office is a mess. I need to clear it out so I can play VR again

1 Like

Yeah, the game is terrifying at times. Reloading with headcrabs all around you is super stressful

OMG The jeff chapter was incredible. I loved and hated every second of it.

I just finished it, phenomenal game. Itā€™s without a doubt the best VR experience Iā€™ve had.

Half-life story spoilers

I didnā€™t expect the story to be so impactful to Half-lifeā€™s story as a whole, seeing as its a prequel. At first I thought it would be Gordon in the vault until it looked like Alyx was actually going to make it there. That got me thinking and I figured it would be the G-man. So that wasnā€™t too much of a surprise though I do think its really cool that it was Alyx that freed him. That the Combine has him contained, and neutralized. Changing the ending of HL2: E2 feels a little cheap but Iā€™m all for it.

All and all my biggest regret with this game is that I waited this long to actually play it.

You inspired me to start playing this again. I havenā€™t played since getting a 3090 and playing maxed at 144hz is sooooo goooooood.

1 Like

Yeah, when I first got VR I had an i5 3570K and a Radeon 7950. So once I built a new computer with a Ryzen 5 5600x, and a RTX 3080ti. I went back to VR and had such a better experience with everything I had played before.

So if you buy better hardware, you will have better gaming experience? HOLY SMOKES!

2 Likes