Halo games coming to Steam (including Reach)

2 Likes

Iā€™m quite looking forward to this. Been playing them since the first and has been the primary reason Iā€™ve always had an Xbox around so I can get my halo fix a couple months out of the year.

Iā€™ve only played the first one because, until now, itā€™s the only one to have a pc version. Iā€™ll be playing the remasters for sure.

I concur. :smiley:

Iā€™ll play it on the nintendo switch

Reach is out today kekekekekkee. Well, on gamepass at least. Didnā€™t check Steam.

How many more until theyā€™re all on pc?

I know they are available on the Microsoft Store for PC now.

Reach is on Microsoft and Steam today. They said they are releasing them in chronological order over time. I havenā€™t seen any hard dates besides for Reach.

And now that theyā€™ve finally released the first game Iā€™m going to start playing. They really didnā€™t do much remastering for CE. All the animations are 24fps in cut scenes (even though your rendering at a high fps). So the cut scenes, those things supposed to look better than gameplay, look like liquid ass. Thereā€™s slight geometry and texture/material improvements. Not the remaster i was expecting. Like with spyro and crash, they all got upgraded to a new engine and all looked the same visually. Not the case here.
That said Iā€™m running at max settings at 2880p>60 (dsr 1440p, usually >90). The actual gameplay is still fun, albeit janky.

Will post more later!

1 Like

Why did you start with CE instead of Reach? Both are out.

Iā€™m playing in original release order for optimum enjoyment.

1 Like

I havenā€™t gone back to the collection to play Halo CE yet. I can totally understand the being underwhelmed by the remaster though. Each reach looked dated, I can only imagine what CE looks like.

I donā€™t mind if a game looks bad as long as the gameplay/story hold up enough.

1 Like

I think you guys need to press Tab ingame too see the difference between original and the remastered version. I think theyā€™ve done a good job remastering the game.

But why only remaster it part way?

What do you mean?

CE looks like a 360 game. I wouldnā€™t be able to run it at 2880p>80 otherwise. I donā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t just up it to current times visual fidelity.

Maybe because they are remastering like 10 games and making Halo Infinite with it?

They donā€™t have unlimited money to completely remake the collection. Thatā€™s a fuckton of money.