HellBlade: Senua's Sacrifice

Katsuo “What’s more, the amount of backtracking and repetition makes the game feel somewhat half-heartedly finished in the design department. Don’t get me wrong - I know that there’s a certain amount of backtracking that you are going to do within a DMC title; it’s almost inherent to the series. But the way in which it’s handled in DMC4 is practically a travesty. Without revealing any plot details, I’ll just say this: instead of taking Dante and his part of the adventure through new areas, or even forging radically different paths, you’ll find yourself trekking back through extremely familiar territory with minimal changes made. This is pretty sad, especially when combined with this reduced role for Dante in the game.”

See, other people feel that way too haha. And don’t you fight all of the bosses twice too?

ShiftySatchmo Well I pirated the game 50 years ago and I haven’t had the chance to play Dante or do the backtracking thing because I was too occupied with the free mode where you try to do 500 combo moves on a enemy without touching the ground. I find that more fun than the entire storyline of all DMC games. I also haven’t heard that you can actually backtrack the game. It’s the first time I’ve heard. :’(
But I did like Nero in the game. More than Dante. He had more flashy moves than Dante and I kinda liked that Nero was in the game instead of Dante.

0_1468544369746_pirate-kitty.jpg

2 Likes

Katsuo so…you didn’t really play the game. Sigh…

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I just watched the entire walkthrough and there is no freaking backtracking…

Katsuo maybe you fell asleep

ShiftySatchmo I don’t sleep, yo.

Katsuo I believe 12 through 17 is backtracking the same areas (and some bosses too) as Dante and 19 is replaying the bosses again as nero.

ShiftySatchmo okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. you won. This topic is supposed to be about Hellbladeeeeeee :frowning:

1 Like

Katsuo I’m super excited for HellBlade it looks amazing!

Thread resurrection!!! This is my next game. Runs perfect maxed at 1440p60 out of the box. Fucks up with wireless xbone controller, Works fine with wired xbone controller.

I’ve only played less than an hour, but as someone who used to have voices in his head when he was a drug addict, it’s accurate.

Will post more later!

3 Likes

If this game keeps on the way it is, I would give it a 5.1/10, barely worth completing. The puzzles are about as retarded as when they throw in a some match 3 into a visual novel and try to call it a game.

What part are you at? Starts slow and picks up

Just beat fire dude. The game is fine, the retarded hidden object puzzles they threw in seem purely as shits n giggles and out of place. They only serve to make me not like the game and almost want to return it.

Instead of writing it myself, I’m gonna put this here. Everything you do in the game means something and basically the “puzzles” you hate so much are nothing but Senua’s way to “reconnect” herself with Dillion.

Don’t care. Boring as fuck. There’s a billion other things they could have done.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the rune puzzles, but the lore you pick up along the way is worth it.

The puzzles get slightly more interesting later, especially when there is a little more pressure. Either way, the game is only like 8 hours so it’s not like you’re spending too much time to see what all the hubub is about. It’s worth playing IMO. I loved it by the end.

1 Like

The rune line up shit seems more like a vr focus calibrator than gameplay. The illusion level seems to be less annoying though.

Well I am glad to see that there is someone else other than me that didn’t like this game!

Honestly, I get ya @gord0 I never finished this game because it was just so boring to me. Looked very pretty, but… I didn’t get all the hype. I was bored to death.

1 Like