Internet Speed?

We just had to have our modem replaced because Xfinity keeps messing up, and sadly my download speeds took a hit. Here’s where I’m at now… What’s everyone else getting? alt text

tat2teel said in /404:

We just had to have our modem replaced because Xfinity keeps messing up, and sadly my download speeds took a hit. Here’s where I’m at now… What’s everyone else getting? alt text

I forgot what package I have lol… when I get home I’ll do a test.

1 Like

tat2teel Oh sure just cry about it. XD You lucky dog! I wanted to get Xfinity which was actually cheaper and more speed but they don’t know how to get their heads out of their @$$! I had to go with U-Verse which was roughly the same price but only 25Mbps/5Mbps. I would die for that right now! My wife even notices the difference from when we had 75Mbps in Indiana. Maybe once we move, we’ll switch back. Not saying I like Comcast but it’s definitely the better option right now.

1 Like

I was walking the dog 2 days ago and there were guys laying new line, I asked them what they were stringing and they said fiber obtic. I am a very happy man :smiley:

4 Likes

MysticHydro I will cry about it lol. As you said, their heads are so far up their asses it’s almost like it isn’t worth it. But I’ll deal with stupid and the hit from todays “upgrade.”

1 Like

Sir_diealot said in Internet Speed?:

I was walking the dog 2 days ago and there were guys laying new line, I asked them what they were stringing and they said fiber obtic. I am a very happy man :smiley:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/5494161848.png

When it happened in my area I was driving home from work and saw a Bell truck doing something on the lines near my home. That evening they called and I signed up. Back then it was called Fibre Op… they literally just changed it to Fibe… and the internet is doing it’s thing making fun of it.

1 Like

tat2teel said in /404:

This is what I got:

One upped ya lol

2 Likes

gord0 Upload much? lol Nice speeds though, no joke!

1 Like

I’m around that I think I get 150 down and 12 up

1 Like

gord0 said in Internet Speed?:

When it happened in my area I was driving home from work and saw a Bell truck doing something on the lines near my home. That evening they called and I signed up. Back then it was called Fibre Op… there literally just changed it to Fibe… and the internet is doing it’s thing making fun of it.

Now the big question is will my landlord let me get it installed?

1 Like

Should be getting an upgrade to our Upload speeds next year hopefully. Damn Virgin media is horrible with it lol.

4 Likes

You guys have no idea what true speed is

5 Likes

gord0 This morning we switched out about 40 ft of unnecessary cable, got rid of the old three way splitter, and are now using “new” cable line. This is this morning’s result…http://www.speedtest.net/result/5496580810.png

tat2teel said in Internet Speed?:

gord0 This morning we switched out about 40 ft of unnecessary cable, got rid of the old three way splitter, and are now using “new” cable line. This is this morning’s result…http://www.speedtest.net/result/5496580810.png

Sounds about right lol

alt text

2 Likes

Most glorious internet on this planet XD

1 Like

Current speeds are in the pic below and they are good enough for what I do with it. I used to be at 25 and 5 but with my kids and wife on their phones and or computers and them their friends come over and connect it was just to darn slow. This currently is perfect.

2 Likes

gord0 said in Internet Speed?:

When it happened in my area I was driving home from work and saw a Bell truck doing something on the lines near my home. That evening they called and I signed up. Back then it was called Fibre Op… there literally just changed it to Fibe… and the internet is doing it’s thing making fun of it.

Now the big question is will my landlord let me get it installed?

Talked to the company on the phone today and they said they do something called “Dark Wire” and do not do residential but there is a company that does it through their wires that I may be able to get it through but it does not look like the second company is in my area yet. :‘( :’( :cry:

Katsuo wait until 2 more weeks i will own you so bad you will be jelly

Not too shabby when I’m only paying for 30/5 atm

1 Like