Judgment

This looks insanely better than Judgment and Judgment was a masterpiece wtf

I just wish the trailer had japanese selected for voiceover. The dub is so shit to the point it’s going to turn off prospective players that haven’t played a yakuza game before.

There is a trailer with jp VO from playstation. I copied this one here because I don’t know why. The dub isn’t as good as jp VO BUT it’s definitely not the worst I’ve heard. At least you have the gameplay trailer in japanese haha

The thing about video games is, you can capture the facial animation of the english speakers just as easy as japanese, so why not make the mouth move with language being spoken? That’s what made me think the dub was shit. In a movie/tv show you’d have to shoot twice, in a game you just swap animation data. Wouldn’t even take extra time because they can do it at the same time the voice actor is recording their lines.

Maybe they just don’t care that much. I doubt many people would play these games with English dub anyway. I think English dub is just a bonus. A shitty bonus but still a bonus.